cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling at JDBC Receiver

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on PI 7.31. This is regarding proxy to JDBC scenario using insert statement in the JDBC receiver. I would like to know is there any feature in JDBC receiver which allows the process to continue even after any data error in the insert statement by skipping the error records and finally collecting all error records and sending through alert configuration to the administrator. Currently process stops whenever any error happens in insert statement at JDBC receiver.

Regards,

Rama.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you to go with SP.

By default, PI will handle the transaction and in case of any errors it will rollback the entire statement. So u can allow SP to handle the transactions by asking ur DB team to create a SP with a try/catch statement and in case of any errors while performing DML operations catch those exceptions and log those erroneous records in some exception log table and continue the SQL process.

Eventually, either using SQL mailer or some windows services u can send a consolidated mail to the stakeholders. Just check with ur DB team since these are very normal stuff so i am quite sure ur DB admin would certainly help u on the same.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

The below discussion might be helpful

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3190726

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

If the proxy code is a customized one, then you can use exception handling technique using try....catch block through which you can handle the exception and continue the process.

Best Regards,

Souvik