cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of the lead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

I need to map a process. My scenario is: Let say A company has two division X & Y (Where X deals into XX product and Y deals into YY product). Now My company receives a Inquiry which includes both product XX & YY.

Question1: Should i create two leads into the system, one is for XX and second for YY Or should i create only one leads that contain both XX and YY?

Question2: If i create one lead that contain both products then how i will distribute the lead two different sale's division?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

If i understand the flow :

Lead->Opportunity-> Quotation

As per your scenario , it is better to create two seperate Lead.

If you still want to create only one Lead then in that case you have to spilt at quotation level.

From Lead -> Create automatic Opportunity which will contact both products. Do enhancement at Opportunity level so that each department can access only the respective product ( Web UI enhancment to grey out line items). Each department can create seperate quotation only for thier respective opportunity line item.

The Tender team will then consolidate all the quotations created for the opportunity.

Best Regards

Ganesh Somasundaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasundaram,

Thanks again for your reply.

You are saying that: From Lead -> Create automatic Opportunity which will contact both products

My question is: will Central team create the opportunity?

If it is created by center team then how will we distribute to two department?

If each department will create the quotation, then there would be 2 quotation..and how tender will consolidate it.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Best regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

As mentioned earlier it is better to create two seperate leads.

But if you still want to proceed:

The central team can create the opportunity manually which will contain both products.

Trigger email to both the department  or share the opporunity (through Share tool) giving reference of the opportunity number so that each department can directly access Opportunity based on Opportunity number. As mentioned the department would be able to access only the respective item and create quotation accordingly.

Another possibility is that only central team will create multiple quote from opportunity which will have individual  item and distribute the quote to each department instead of enhancement at opportunity level.

You can do enhancement  to consolidate all the quotations created for an Opportunity to create one quotation or manually the consolidated quotation can be created  . Create new quotation type for creating multiple quotations from Opportunity and use the exisitng quotation type for consolidating the quotations. (Exclude the multiple quotation from reporting or any further action as this quotation is only used to capture data). Use the consolidated quotation for further reference.

As mentioned the solution would be highly enhanced.

Best Regards

Ganesh Somasundaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you so much for your answer, I have understood the solution but for some parts, i still have the doubts like Middleware replications (Multiple quotation) and enhancements.

Could i get your contact details? So that i will be able to express my doubts in a better way.

Best Regards,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Multiple Quotation( as i mentioned should not be used further) should not replicate to ECC. Only consolidated Quotation should replicate to ECC.

Best Regards

Ganesh Somasundaram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh.

Questions you're asking abut do not depend on a system. But instead it depends upon your business' requirements. SAP CRM can do whatever your business wants. I've seen both ways (combining and separating of products into documents belonging to different sales areas). All work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Scenario is: My client gets an tender from their customers. tender may includes many product division. Each product division is handled by separate department head.

Requirement is like: Distribute the lead among the division head and those division head can able to see only products that belongs to them only.

Please help me to map this business process.

Thanks in advance,

Dinesh.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your divisions are strictly separated (authorizations, approval processes, sale processes (e.g. statuses/stages) etc.) then I'd create two separate leads.

Because you've mentioned that heads of divisions need to see only their products then two leads option seems to be a suitable for you better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My clients deals into medical products as well as dental products. There are two division head, one for medical product and second for dental product. The authorization, stages,process will be the same.
Now lets assume govt. issued a tender to our company (Tender is received by central team)and that tender includes both product medical as well as dental product.

There will be one tender number of the lead (External number range), My client requirement is to send/distribute the tender/lead to both division, but one division head should able to see only the products which belongs to them only.

After receiving a lead,, each department head will work on the lead separately and provide the quotes to the tender department.

Finally tender department will receive and merge the quotes received by both division and will forward to the customer.

what best could be done in this scenario?

Regards,
Dinesh