Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation charging in advance

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario.

We have one individual asset worth 5 crores. There is an income received in advance 2.5 crores. Now, I want to nullify this income by showing Depreciation for that particular asset. Hence, I want to charge Depreciation in advance for this asset.

I want the entry to be made as

Depreciation expense A/C Dr 2.5 crores

Accumulated Depreciation A/C Cr 2.5 crores

This transaction will be booked in the Fiscal Year 2013-2014.

Kindly suggest, how to achieve this result in SAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin

1. Do ABAA - Unplanned depreciation

2. Execute AFAB.. The 2.5 crores will be posted in FI-GL, with the accounting entry you mentioned above

Br, Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After I execute Unplanned Depreciation, how do I adjust the depreciation for 2014-2015. Because this depreciation is charged in advance till the month of November 2014 for that asset.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont want to post depreciation on this asset in 2014, activate the Asset Shutdown indicator in Asset Master and also in the Dep Key

System wont post any depreciation on the asset in that case

Br. Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

How do I block the depreciation key for one asset? Is there any T Code?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You dont block the dep key for an asset.. you need to activate the asset shutdown in AFAMA and in Screen layout in AO21

Br. Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I block the depreciation Key in AFAMA, all assets with that depreciation key will not get depreciation charged.

Do I have to block depreciation key in AFAMA? or only shutdown of asset in AS02 with interval dates is fine.

Also, I want to check the Journal Entry posted for the Unplanned Depreciation of the Fixed Asset after posting ABAA and running AFAB. Where do I see this?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin

1. You are not blocking the Dep Key

2. You are just activating the SHUT DOWN option in Dep Key.. This does not impact all the assets

3. When you put the SHUT DOWN dates in asset master in AS02, only that asset is impacted i.e. Dep will stop only for that asset

Hence, you need to do both AFAMA and AS02

The Journal entry you can see from FB03, Doc Type AF

br. Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried checking the Depreciation entry in FB03, but cannot find the posted document. Does tat mean the unplanned depreciation is not posted?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin

You can check in the Asset - AW01N - > POSTED VALUES Tab.. If the depreciation you entered appeears in GREEN, it means it is posted

If the Asset Shutdown is active, the asset wont post any depreciation

If the dep is posted, FB03 will show you the documents.. I assume you are using AF for posting dep

br, Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked AW01N, and the depreciation is posted. But there is no document showing in FB03 with document type AF.

Answers (0)