Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakdown -SAP PM

former_member223866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can Any Guide Me on breakdown of equipment.

If a equipment goes on Breakdown immediate actions are required to to make Equipment in Functioning.

But if some material is consumed how can we track the history , as material is already available with us from stores.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

But if some material is consumed how can we track the history , as material is already available with us from stores.

This sentence of yours sounds like your material already consumed on Cost Center and lying at a place which you are referring to as Store. ...And your query is 'How to account this to Breakdown jobs i.e., Maintenance Orders?'

If this is the case, then

- One method is to take help of Measuring point (counter with backward counting) to link materials to your job (Notification).

- The other is to declare the store you've referred to as a Storage Location, STO your materials to this StLoc and from here, consume the materials through Maintenance Orders through Mvt Type 261. (Either through MB1A or through Maintenance Order Reservation)

Jogeswara Rao K

former_member223866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How Can  we use Measurement point to link material to Job ( NOTIFICATIONS ONLY)

Can you please throw some more light.

Here in my scenario Material is already with me (issued on MO) ,

during emergency(Breakdown)  it is used on  other equipment 

so Breakdown Notification is created in this case , no maintenance order

In this case How to Track Material.

Thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashu,

Create a characteristic with Material Number and UOM as EA or NO.

Create a Counter (on some upper level Technical Object) with this Characteristic.

Whenever you consume this material, you create a document in the Notification through Extras --> Measuring Documents. (Give measuring point and NO.of pieces you've consumed in the Difference  column).

This way you can have consumption report (without cost) of this material against different Notifications through IK17.

The Backward Counting option I was referring to, helps in giving initial stock of material received in your store by entering in CntrOverReadg and Ticking the Count Backwards (See the picture). In this case you the stock recedes as you create Measuring documents. But you need to Create a New MPt every time you receive a Stock.

The former one will be only one measuring point, counting the Material consumption for ever, independent of stocks received.

See whether one of this suits to you.

Jogeswara Rao K

former_member223866
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for very use full help   

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashu,

Forgot to attach the picture of MPt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of history you want to track??

If you want to track material usage on specific equipment for specific period, use IW13 report.

fq1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ashu,

Complete history of material consumption can be tracked using T-Code MB51.

Just enter Material number which is consumed. You can also enter movement type there.

Movement type for material consumption is 261.

Regards
Shoaib