cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEBAN issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

After uploading the bank statement in transaction FF_5 the items got automatically cleared on the account, and in FEBAN those positions are still showing in "red". Transaction 225 showing error for posting area 02 not updated.

any help highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

In case your issue is resolved then please close this thread.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

How to close the thread. I am not aware of it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

You can close this thread by selecting the required replies you got from members of the community as Correct Answer or Assumed answered.

For more details you can go through this link How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Check out with your client whether they are using posting area 2 or not.

If they are using  then ignore the red symbol in FEBAN screen.

If not then delete config step for posting area 2 for that particular posting rule for avoiding the same error in future .

Regards,

Mohammed Kalim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pammina,

Echoing what Kothari commented previously, it seems that the posting rule assigned for external transaction code 225 may be configured to post posting area 1 with posting type 1 + posting area 2 to clear the subledger. FEBAN indicates by icon red, because the system expects to post another document to clear within in Posting area 2.

Would you share the config setting for this posting rule assigned (the posting rule can be seen in ALV view by clicking other display within FEBAN and posting rule configuration via OT83).

I imagine that it is set to clear vendor/customer subledger in posting area 2.

cheers.

taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Taro,

Thank you for your reply.

Vendor a/c and bank subledger a/c both got cleared

with regards to external tr.type to posting rules, here are screen shots

Thanks.

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

In such case where there is an inconsistency between what you see in FEBAN and accounting document, SAP provides a program RFEBKA10 to update FEBAN (FEBKO and FEBEP) according to the accounting.

You might as well read the help on this program, however, in your case it should be the Case 1: you need to put the clearing account that document 0100003917 posted with company code and select "automatic adjustment".

Hope that this works in your case.

Cheers

taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

I believe you are looking at a outgoing scenario where the vendor line item was cleared during the F110 transaction and now the open item is in the outgoing clearing account.

Thus, in your case the posting rule assignment to the provided transaction code 225 / - is not correct.

You should assign a posting rule to this transaction code which has only the definition of posting are 1 and not posting area 2 because in this case no sub ledger posting is required.

Since, you have assign a posting rule with posting area 2 definition, SAP tries to post document in sub ledger area which is not required.

Solution:

1. Assign a posting rule with only posting area 1 definition to the transaction code 225 / -.

2. If changes cannot be done then you can ask the user that no further action is required in this case and ignore the red symbol in FEBAN. But, this has to be dealt case by case.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I completely agree with Nikhil and Taro. Here sytem is trying to search vendor open item  for posting area 2 which has already been cleared during F110 through bank clearing account. So system is able to find the open item for posting area 1(Bank clearing GL) but failed to seach for posting area 2 (Subledger Account).

Please check with your business whether they are using posting area 2 (Subledger Posting) or not. I don't think posting area 2 is required in configuration, If they are using posting area 1 for same scenario,

Regards,

Mohammed

Silviaberu
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil Kothari, could u explain more , what can be wrong in Bank or clearing account ?i have the same case and untill now is open, ich have this problem since one year 

Silviaberu_0-1709290243028.png

Silviaberu_2-1709290410335.png

Silviaberu_3-1709290555066.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

This could be a case that the posting rule assigned to your external bank transaction code is defined for both posting area 1 (bank accounting) and 2 (sub ledger area).

You have mentioned that the line items got cleared. You might be referring to the bank account or clearing account line items. Can you check again?

Assuming your system configuration is same as the one I have mentioned in my opening statement, step 2 i.e. posting in sub ledger account might be still pending as there might not be enough data in the file to identify the sub ledger account (vendor or customer). Thus, this step failed and in FEBAN you see the red symbol.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

For better understanding, here is the screen shot.

Thanks.

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check uploaded txt file for all line items total , and updated line items total in FEBAN -

I think some line items are missed in uploaded data ,

please calculate - with opening balance and closing balance with line items

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

document posted i can able to see the docno in the attached screenshot  but it's not cleared.

open fb03 and give doc 10*****3917 give screen shot of it.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system unble to post the entries becuase it's try to check and clear the line times and did not find it due to that it's in red.

do feba and post it manually.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply.

I have checked through FEBP and showing error as (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing.

I understand its due to tolerance limits but how to rectify.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

You can share the screenshots from your system for better understanding of the situation.

Regards

Nikhil kothari

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run in FEBAN then system will post automatically & before check posting periods

Thanking you

Mahesh