cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in RFC to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP PI 7.31 dual stack. I have configured a simple RFC to File scenario with aysnchronous interface. I am using classic configuration.

In Sender RFC channel monitoring I am getting the below exception and the file is not created.

"Error in processing caused by : com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException : call to messaging system failed: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message xxxxxxxxxxx(OUTBOUND) expired".

Please suggest me what could be the issue.

Thanks,

Madhurima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Following the same document, we have already increased the XI adapter and RFC adapter timeouts but facing the same issue. Do I need to change anything else?

Please find the logs of sender RFC CC below and suggest me.

Thanks,

Madhurima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

As the log says the function module is try to execute synchronously.

But as per your requirement it should be asynchronous. Please remove all the  export parameters from the function module.

Then re-import the function module in PI and adjust mapping and operation mapping.

Stop and start the RFC sender adapter so that it will get the new metadata of the function module.

The function module should have only import parameters so that it will act like a asynchronous interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your RFC Sender Channel check the PROGRAM ID that you have maintained in ECC (SM59) and also the credential for the ECC which you maintained .

BR,

Anirban

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhurima,

Have you checked the message has arrived to the PI in the PI monitorization or the communication channel monitoring in PI?

Also you can check your sm59 configuration as Michal explained in his blog

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking in Communication Channel Monitoring in PI. The RFC request has reached PI because in RFC sender CC payload, I can see the RFC request.

Thanks,

Madhurima