cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have unique decision table name in the BRF Plus System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In BRF Plus , we can create more than one decision table with the same name in the same application or across different applications.

We have a requirement were in we have to setup a framework so that we don't have duplicate decision name or any expression name across system. We need to maintain unique name.

One way is to control this by having particular naming conventions but still there will be room for errors.

Is there are way to activate the unique name for decision table name across or within application?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest to use a User Exit: just implement method ACTIVATION_VETO of IF_FDT_APPLICATION_SETTINGS.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias for the suggestion.

But I was looking for any BRF Plus settings available to control this.

Thanks.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no setting as names are irrelevant for BRFplus. Instead there is the UUID key which is unique. Also important is that names may change from time to time as rule designers may for any reason want to change names. Therefore, in your framework you probably better use the object ID (UUID) to reference BRFplus objects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath

Carsten is of course always correct. That said I can understand the desire - if only to avoid confusion for business users. Sounds like a good use case for the new DSM deployment approval workflow perhaps? But in the short term either application exits or custom programs are the most likely solutions

Hope that helps

Jocelyn