cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter prompt is coming after migrating to 13.0.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Getting weird issue. After migrating the CR from 10.0.3 to 13.0.2 it prompts for parameter though we are assigning them in code. If we give the parameters in prompt window it gave connection failed error.

in older version i.e. 10.0.3 it never prompts for parameters just display the report.

One Blog was suggesting to migrate to 13.0.9 version. I uninstalled 13.0.2 developer version and installed 13.0.8 but in GAC CR dlls are of version 13.0.2 not of 13.0.8, not sure if that should be the case.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,-Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

The assembly version never changes. The file version does, so the file version should be 13.0.8.x

As for the parameter prompt. Since you are getting a connection failed error, you need to resolve that before worrying about the parameters.

What database are you connecting to?

How are you connecting to it?

Create a new test report connecting to your db, throw a field on it, no parameters. See if that report will run in your app.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your reply.

Now the report is running perfectly fine on Dev Machine but on deploying on server(deployemnt m/c) it prompts for DB login in that pop up database textbox is empty and non editable. I cannot type in any thing.

Software details:

Dev m/c : XP 32 bit

Database: Sql 2005

Deployment m/c : win 2008 64 bit.

Steps followed so far

• set target platform to x86 and installed 32 bit CR 13.0.2 runtime.
  • Installed crystal report 13 on deployment m/c and checked for the DB connectivity.
  • Hardcoded the DBcredentials using SetDataBaseLogon.

Referred : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0225775-88c4-2c10-bd80-829876929...

Any pointers please

Regards,-Manish

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your app is 32 bit and you are deploying to a 64 bit OS. Make sure that the datasource is 32 bit. E.g.; if ODBC, ensure that the ODBC created is 32 bit. See this KBA for more info.

- Ludek

Answers (0)