cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD/JCo Migration to new host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have gone through many posts but still not able to understand fully the procedure to migrate SLD from one host to another. So its my humble request you to read my issue and guide me.

We have a situation that we have moved from physical to virtual host on our SLD. But when I shutdown the previous host, my ESS/MSS on Portal stops functioning.

My Landscape is : Portal 7.1  - Old SLD -- Was serving as both Solution Manager and SLD (for around 20-30 systems)

Now we want to move the OLD SLD to a new host, -- New SLD -- Will serve as SLD for all systems.

There is one production Portal system which has ESS/MSS with Jco's, it is currently pointing to OLD SLD. When I login to OLD SLD and search for my Production Portal, I can see that it has few Jco Destinations and few "deployed objects" as shown in screenshot below

These are the steps I have followed in my new SLD.

1. Went to Visual Admin of my Portal system -- Changed SLD Data Supplier (CIM) to NEW SLD. Restarted Portal

2. Logged in to new SLD and created JCO Destinations (exactly same as in OLD SLD)

This is my NEW SLD, I cant see the "deployed objects" but i have created the JCO destinations (manually)

But then, I am getting errors in ESS/MSS Applications for Jco related.

Can someone please help me in figuring out what I am missing ??

1.     Importing CIM data in new SLD from old SLD ??

Any guidance on this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Could you refer documentation on transporting SLD contents

Transporting SLD Content Using CTS+

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for the link, but we dont have CTS+ in our landscape. Is there any other way to solve my problem ?? I thought it to be simple and that we just need to create Jco's in new SLD.

Can you guide me on any other method to achieve this.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Could you check the feasbility of exporting the SLD datat to file system and import it into target system

Exporting and Backing Up Your SLD Information - Providing, Discovering, and Consuming Services - SAP...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As the SLD is going to be running on a new system I believe you need to export the SLD from the old system and import it to the new one.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exporting and importing is done. But still I cant see JCo's for that particular Portal System in Technical Landscape and also deployed objects screen is empty as discussed above in screenshots.

Any links where it is shown as how to transfer SLD from one host to another - Regarding a Portal system.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The situation has been resolved. This is how we did it.

CIM Content was already imported into new SLD.

1. Changed the SLD Data Supplier properties in VA

2. Exported the Technical System for that particular SID - Old SLD

3. Imported into new SLD

4. Refreshed the Portal to look for new SLD - Check Tom's message above.

Now, all the deployed objects and Jco's are automatically transferred to new SLD.

Thanks,

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Take a look at More on System Landscape Directory. There are several blogs there that talk about migrating from one SLD to another. (Especially Switching between 2 SLD Systems in Sync with an LMDB or a 3rd SLD).

It sounds to me like you changed the setup for the data supplier side, (so your new SLD has the correct data) but you haven't changed the SLD-client setup of the portal (so your portal doesn't know to look at the new SLD for data). Take a look at this SAP help document, Synchronizing the System Landscape Directory with the Portal, and see if you can find what you need there.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thank you for all this information, this looks most promising.

I am currently outside, I will go and check this at first oppurtunity. Thank you.