Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest Knowledge Articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am new to CRM Service profile.

Am working on CRM 7.0 EHP2 and am facing the problem in Suggest Knowledge Articles in Service Request.

To make enable the Multilevel Categorization i had maintained the following entries in the following path.

CRM IMG->CRM->CRM Cross-Application Components->Multilevel Categorization->Assign Transaction Types to Catalog Categories.

I had configured the Knowledge Articles and Service Request and i maintain same Multi Categorization for both transactions as shown in the below image.

I had maintain the entry in the customized table in the following path as given below.

CRM IMG->CRM->Transactions->Basic Settings->Setting for Service Request->Define System Proposals for Related Transactions

For both Knowledge Article ans Service Request Subject Profile can be able to maintain.

So i maintained the same values for the Service Request and Knowledge Article.

My Requirement is when ever i click the button suggest Knowledge Articles in the Related Knowledge Articles AB system should propose the Knowledge Article but after all the changes mentioned above am getting the result as There is no suggested knowledge article available.

Please suggest is any thing more need to configure or is any thing wrong in my settings.

I already searched on the issues in the SDN but problem not yet solved.

Any Suggestions will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

You need to create the knowledge articles first and maintain the knowledge articles in Categorization schema-knowledge articles assignment block for the required category.  So, when you select the category in service request and click on suggest knowledge article, system will determine the knowledge articles maintained in categorization schema for that category level. 

Regards,

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Thanks for your reply,

But even i assigned the Knowledge Article in the KA AB in the Categorization Suggest Knowledge Articles is Not working.

Please check the same as below and suggest if any thing is wrong.

Service Request:

KA:

Multi Categorization:

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the first screen shot which you mentioned, in the customization node

Map Transaction Types to Catalog Categories, can you please click on find related objects for your customized service request as per the screen shot below.

Can you also ensure that for your knowledge article type which you have created in the system under the same node mentioned above, please remove all your checks as highlighted below

When you test the system behavior check for the knowledge article assignment block below since you are using the catalog category type C , also ensure that you select the right categorization assignment when you fill your schema in the service request and then click on

suggest knowledge article, only the selected knowledge article would be displayed.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your help,

Am getting the KA when i click on the Auto Suggest Knowledge Article Button in the Service Request but i maintained the entries in the table differently than what you are suggested. Please find the screen shot below for the same.

Can you explain how can Catalog Category will effect in the KA Suggestion and Categorization.

Is there any Standard Functionality available like Auto Complete the KA in the Service Request with out clicking on the Suggest Knowledge Article button.

Thanks and Regards.

Y. Ravi Kumar

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the service request can you please remove the check find related object and then check, the system will then not determine the knowledge article, hence the check for find related object in the service request is required and mandatory, you can also remove the check in your second screen shot for knowledge article and check

Answers to your query.

Knowledge article definition in sap is given below

You can use this function to obtain information, such as how-to documents, user manuals, or FAQ, to process, for example, incidents, problems, and requests for change that your customers may report.

To interpret the above, if there was a problem reported earlier by a customer which you have captured through your categorization in your service request, once the problem was resolved a knowledge article was created and assigned to the categorization

Hence again if the same customer or another customer calls and reports the same problem which is captured through categorization fields, the system will then determine the knowledge article if the person creating the service request goes to the knowledge management assignment block, the system determines the knowledge article, by opening this article the person can then inform the customer of the possible remedial measures or the solution to the problem which was reported(the solution would be captured in the knowledge article)

Is there any Standard Functionality available like Auto Complete the KA in the Service Request with out clicking on the Suggest Knowledge Article button.

No: You need too go to the knowledge article assignment block and click on suggest knowledge article, you can read the help document given below on knowledge article

Hope this helps.

Working with Knowledge Articles - Master Data - SAP Library

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul / Ravi,

I am also configuring the same in SOLMAN 7.1 SP10.

I am getting message "There is no suggested knowledge article available"

I have create the same categorization in both ZMIN (Incident), ZMPR (problem) and ZNAR (Knowledge Article).

Below are my config.. i still dont know what is missing:-

NOTE: as stated above, i did try without ZNAR (Find Related Obj) above, its still not working.

Hope someone can clarify what is the prereq or mandatory checks.

Thanks in advance guys.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahul,

Can you check your schema configurations and assign the relevant knowledge article no to the schema assignment block

For ZNAR which is your knowledge article type, can you remove the check  in the category which you have assigned in the first screen shot, Also can you open a new thread for the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul.

I have open a new thread

What do you mean by "Can you check your schema configurations and assign the relevant knowledge article no to the schema assignment block"..

Thanks.. we can continue on new thread...