cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM Netweaver 7.4 Java SP update error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to update my Netweaver 7.4 Java system from SP4 to SP6 but I am getting error on SUM.

I generated stack.xml from Solution Manager system, put everything in one folder and executed latest version of SUM which is SUM10SP10_3-20006676

Error is;

Cannot import file ...\SUM\sdt\tmp\sap.com~product~lm-model-nw.sda. See next messages for details. com.sap.sdt.sldeploymentlib.SLDeploymentException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: CIM model version insufficient, version in , namespace active is 1.6.17, but should be greater or equal to 1.6.37 com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: CIM model version insufficient, version in , namespace active is 1.6.17, but should be greater or equal to 1.6.37

I uploaded latest CIM content to local SLD, also tried setting up Solution Manager's SLD and PI system's SLD but I always get same error.

I also cannot start SLD on Web Dynpro Content Administrator, it says Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opened successfully but I can open SLD without any problems.

I also changed SLD_Client and SLD_DataSupplier destinations from NWA but nothing changed. SLD tests are working fine and all systems (Solman, PI and this Portal) have latest CIM content.

Best regards

Kaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It looks like there is a bug in that SUM version SP 10 Patch 3

Check that thread  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3540226

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded SUM SP9 Patch 10 from archives and now it is on deployment phase. I will notify you on results.

0 Kudos

Hi, hows your result of patching it via SP9?

i had the same issue as you.

CIM_ERR_FAILED: CIM model version insufficient, version in  , namespace active is 1.6.17, but should be greater or equal to 1.6.37

after DB restore, i'm patching it with SUM sp9 patch 10.

im now at execution phase, UNDEPLOY POST-UNDEPLOYMENT COMPONENTS stage for past 3 hours. did you have this issue?

im on nw7.4 sp05 ,patching it to sp06.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

SUM SP9 Patch 10 solved my problem.

Best regards

Kaan

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kaan,

Great!!!

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the note "1595918 - Validation fails due to mismatch at software features"

Regards,

BR

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

Did you import the cimsap file on SLD.

Paste the defaulttrace and application log from SLD system.

Try the old version of SUM version 9 instead of 10.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am providing you logs you wanted. I am currently using local SLD at the moment.

I will also try previous version of SUM.

Best regards

Kaan

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

Follow the instruction in Sapnotes , This is regarding SLD connection.

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection."

1570822 - Failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCo connection

1489731 - Error while obtaining JCO connection with External Service

Checked the SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData and also checked the guest user is locked or not.

Restart the SLD system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan

Could you check this SAP Note 1937941 - AppLocking exception in Urimapper

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I cannot open JCo connections because it says

Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opened successfully.

But when I click on Start SLD it is working properly.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

1. Reset the upgrade first

2. Take the restart of SLD system.

Also paste the dev_jrfc from directory /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/cluster/server*

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

Could you try to use the workaround mention in the thread http://scn.sap.com/message/14981459

It looks to be issue with sda file not referring to latest CIM version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori