cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection using dynamic modification rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm very confused on the use of dynamic modification rule in inspection, I understand the concept of dynamic modification which provides more flexibility for inspection work. but my question is: how are the different severities reflected at different stages?   i.e. at beginning we are at stage 100 which is normal inspection. As soon as there is one inspection lot that was accepted as OK, as per dynamic modification rule, it will go to stage 200 which is reduced inspection. but what will be the difference for the next inspection lot? the system will reduce the sampling quantities?

I know there is sampling scheme that is functioning behind the dynamic modification rule? can anybody tell me how does it functioning?

very much appreciated!

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

You are on the right track with the sampling scheme, but you also need to set up your sampling procedures.  Follow this order:

1) Create your sampling scheme.  This tells SAP how large your sample size should be for a given lot size, and what your accept/reject tolerance is.  You can create a sample quantity requirement for a specific inspection severity (normal, tightened, reduced) or severity/AQL combination all within one sampling scheme. QDP1

2) Create your sampling procedure for use in the inspection plan at the characteristic level.  Within the sampling procedure you assign the sampling scheme you created in the previous step and assign the initial severity QDV1

3) Create your DMR QDR1

4) Assign the DMR/Sampling Procedure relationship to the list of allowed relationships between DMR and Sampling Procedures QDB1 transaction.

5) Enter your DMR and sampling procedure into inspection plan. QP01/QP02

SAP will store the inspection history via the quality level of a vendor, and when the inspection severity changes, SAP will increase or reduce the sample size of the next receipt based on the rules in your sampling scheme and DMR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your explaining.

I know the relationship among Sampling Procedure, Sampling Scheme and DMR, what I am trying to understand is, with the use of Sampling Scheme + DMR, how are the samples taken during each inspection? I believe it still goes for one of three kinds: %, fixed or full inspection.

When I go on creating Sampling Scheme, I found the "Lot size" field only allows a maximum value of 999,  while no limitation on the field "Sample size", I can understand the fields c1, d1, c2, d2...but can you explain a little bit more about "Lot size" and "Sample size", and how are they functioning?

I hope you are comfortable with answering my questions. Thank you again.

Danny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.