cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message tracking in EH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  All

I want to capture the message sent Via WEB UI and show the same in EH details TAB=> Message

We have a requirement to capture the tracking ID and carrier name which is posted through WEB UI for an event,

This data will be posted multiple times for the same EH...so business wants to capture the data every time it is posted and the same should be viable in

EH - details tab=>Messages.

I can see the data is capture for other field whenever a new value posted for the events...

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I'm not sure what the issue is here. This is standard EM functionality...

• Define an unexpected event
  • Add this event to your event message profile capturing the tracking ID and carrier (parameter)
  • Link the event message profile to your user profile
  • Assign the user profile to the needed user

That user will then be able to launch the event against an EH and this event will be posted to that EH and show in the messages tab.

If it is still not showing then it's possible that it has been "filtered" out from display using the filter profile. This is also standard functionality so what you are looking for is simple to implement and should work with little effort.

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Kevin

Already we have defined tracking ID as expected event and it is linked to User profile .

Users successful able to post the value in the tracking ID for respective event through WEB UI and this is getting updated in ECC as well.

Requirement

Now users will be posting the tracking ID multiple times as the Tracking ID is also available in other event for same EH.  I don't see the posted values in tracking ID field are not capturing in EH - details tab=>Messages....  possibly i would have done some mistake in configuration or some additional set up is needed.

Please let me know how can i fix it

Regards

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

where do you store this Tracking ID?

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your Event Details UI customizing from transaction /SAPTRX/UCUP.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

what you could do is the following: Maintain the event code as list of unexpected events for your EH Type or alternatively do not activate the "Unexpected Event Code Check". Then deactivate the reprocessing of the expected events in your expected event profile.

by doing this only the first event will be processed for the expected event, all subsequent event messages that would normally match the expected event that already has been reported, will be handled as unexpected events and then will also be displayed on the UI.

I am not sure if this would match your requirements. If not, maybe you can describe your issue in more detail.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are not storing any tracking ID in the EM ....we are updating the tracking ID in ECC for the delivery in  BOL

Delivery No.<EVENT_MSG-HDR-TRXID>Delivery Number
BOL No.<INFO-Z_TRACKING_NO1>Bill of Lading Number
kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Based on what you have shared so far, Daniel's approach will work for you. You don't seem to be using Expected Event functionality to monitor for overdue events so I would suggest just creating the event as an unexpected event and you are then able to post the event many times to the EH and the rule set will trigger the updating of the Delivery with the BOLNR.

Thanks

Kevin

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

i.e. you want to display

Delivery No.<EVENT_MSG-HDR-TRXID>Delivery Number

in the Event Message Details?

This could be done in /SAPTRX/UCCF:

And afterwards add the field in /SAPTRX/UCUP to the Event Details in your display profile.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the EH i want the message  not in  web UI(event message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

At present set up( expected events) i was able to update the BOL  in delivery by sending the same event or with other events  through WEB UI

Now my requirement is .=> I need to capture the value which is been sent multiple times with same or other events  for that particular EH (delivery).

EH in this case is delivery-  so the EH must have the BOL value stored in EH details (Tab message) which was sent through different events multiple times...by this my customer will able to see the BOL value in EH ..how many  times the BOL value is sent and what are the values.

I see a option called Event message parameters - linked to event message header Table .. not sure how to use this

Please let me know your thoughts on fixing this

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I agree with Daniel. You can define the event as unexpected event to have it reported for multiple times. All these event messages will be stored and shown in "Event Messages" tab of your EH.

To capture the Tracking ID and Carrier Name, please go to Configure fields for event messages and define your own fields for these two with EM Attribute ID (whichever the unused field like for example Event Sender ID for Tracking ID and Event Sender Name for Carrier Name) and EM Object "Event Message". Then the values are stored in Event Message Header table.

Please note, I mentioned above fields just for example only and you may use your own convenient fields.

When these values are filled via Event Message, these can be extracted to either System or Control Parameters based on your requirement using a Z Function Module.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Ravi Dogiparthi

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check this document on how to send parameters with an event message from the EM web UI :

You can define an event message parameter for your EH, that you can use for this. This parameter you can then use when sending an event message and it can easily be displayed with the event messages.

Customizing activities for defining event message parameters you can find here in the IMG:

So you need to create an extension table, define the event message parameter with relation to a field of the extension table and define the parameter mapping. Additionally the event message extension table has to be assigned to your event handler type.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Daniel

Please explain the use of having 4 configuration fields...for a new parameter.

PARAMETER ACTION.

PARAMETER NAME

PARAMETER TYPE

PARAMETER VALUE

cant i use only just Value (PARAMETER VALUE)......what will be the impact if i do so.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

if you want to send an event message parameter with the event message, the configured fields for the parameter type and the action are not needed, but EM needs to know the name of the parameter and the value. Therefore the two fields for these are needed. Configured field for parameter name can be hidden.

Have you checked the document I refered to above?

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the information it is clear ...i checked you document and doing the same config steps

thank you.

Answers (0)