cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management Unlock button not working in My Employees service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under My Employees service, when I select an employee and clicks on the unlock button. It gives me an error saying navigation not possible.below is the screenshot for the same -

We have recently activated new business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1. How do I make it work or how do I hide that.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check note 1781512 - Navigation issues with WD ABAP FITV_POWL_TRIPS standalone 1873465 ESS/MENU Launchpad for travel, you need to have application alias defined you have hcm_ess_wda_1 active. And having this active, it is NOT expected, that the ESS homepage is still built up by the home page framework customizing. This business function is there to replace the hompage framework by the launchpad. Activating this but still using the homepage framework customizing makes no sense. This is a fact. If you overrule this by the portal users reading nevertheless the homepage framework, ok. But this does not influence the fact, that clicking any button or link on the POWL application , it will NOT navigte via the portal manager class and the PCD pages of the resources to the target object but hard coded via the launchpad and fixed application aliases to be found there. Having active hcm_ess_wda_1 assumes that homepage framework ist history. If also the ESS main page itself would be based on the launchpad and not on the homepage framework customizing as it was expected to be, then this URL parameter would not be used anymore. You are with 1 foot in the homepage framework and with the other in the launchpad. You should never have activated hcm_ess_wda_1 if you wanted to use hompage framework for your ESS page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth for sharing this information.

I added Unlock application in the standard ESS/MENU launchpad with application alias 'Unlock'. And it worked well.

Regards,

Bhushan

Answers (0)