cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order and stock reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not an SD/MM expert and I have the following requirement that I am trying to address:

• a sales rep meets a client at a trade fair
  • the client shows interest in buying X PC of a product A. He says that, if he confirms his interest, he'll place an order in a month
  • the sales rep wants to somehow reserve (now) these X PC of product A so that it does not disappoint the customer in case he places the order.
  • in case of stock unvailability, the demand should drive procurement
  • in case the customer does not places the order then the stock reservation should be deleted

The modules I have here are SD and MM and I am not sure what's the best way to address this. This is the solution I am thinking of:

• create a rush sales order where the allocation takes place right at the order entry
  • block the order with a delivery block e.g.: "waiting for customer confirmation"
  • release the block in case of confirmation
  • reject the lines in case the customer does not confirm

is this the solution you would also go for or do you guys have some other ideas? Should I look at MM reservations document instead? Would those help?

thanks

marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you had narrated is one approach and there is nothing wrong in that.  The other (best) option would be reserve the stock against the customer itself rather against sale order.  This can be achieved in MB1A with movement type 292W. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi

I guess the only difference would be that to use 292W we need to have X PC of unrestricted stock of Product A. Correct? I would have to have to trigger procurement some other way. Correct?

thanks!

Marco

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other way will be--- create delivery block with Confirmation block and also maintain the deferment period for that delivery block --then assign this delivery block to your sales document header.If your material availability date falls in this deferment period then confirmation can be postponed & this stock can be useful by business for other customers.But the requirements will get updated.

Phanikumar

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is simple. Just create a sale order and reserve stock against that order using ATP availability check control. Assign delivery block as you suggested and deliver material if needed or reject if not need to delivery. You can find these stock reserved orders in VA05 and once you reject the item this reservation will be no more there.

Please remember that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Thank$

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear marco,

you can create sale order to that customer and againest to that sale order you can post the material with 561E movement type , so that stock is resvered to that SO .suppose customer dont want your stock you can attach that sale order to one more sale order , through Tcode MB1B ----413E movement type

Regards