cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of new product hierarchy and products in SAP CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

please help with resolving of following issue:

In CRM system base hierarchies were replicated from R/3 system with materials. Current requirement is to create new materials in CRM directly (as standalone scenario). As far as I understand, I have to create new hierarchy with required list of set types in order to allow creation of products in CRM directly (product type = material). Can anybody describe changes in the system step by step, what should be changed and where?

As a result I need to have a possibility to create products in CRM directly for sales scenario processing.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You can have both scenarios, materials from ECC and create new material in CRM. is not needed to create a new hierarchy for products created in CRM.

1. In trx. comm_hierarchy you will see the hierarchies created form ECC. In hierarchy R3PRODSTYP create your new category for materials created in CRM, you can also add new set types if it's required. NOTE: Don't change the categories replicated from ECC only create new ones.

2. Assign number range to the category created in step 1. NOTE: Only assign the categories for CRM materials, don't add the ECC categories.

3. Ensure the hierarchy is assigned to CRM application.

4. Create a new material in CRM.

I hope this information help you.

Regards,

Jorge G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

thank you so much for your reply!

Here what I tried to do:

1. I created new category in hierarchy R3PRODSTYP, added 3 set types: COMM_PR_MAT, COMM_PR_SHTEXT, COMM_PR_UNIT as basic set types.

2. In the SPRO - Cross-Application Components - SAP Product - Settings for Product Type - Number Assignment - Define Number Ranges for the Product Type "Material" I found my new product category is unassigned, so I assigned it to the "CRM Products" group.

3. Farther I tried to create a new product for created category in CRM Web UI, but was not able to find it in the Base category search field. All categories correctly displayed from R3PRODSTYP, but my new category is absent. What can be the reason of category absence? Btw, it cannot be found even when I try to display whole hierarchy in Web UI, however, in SAP GUI, it can be seen via tcode comm_hierarchy.

Here is the setup of hierarchies in the system:

I have no idea how to check #3 "Ensure the hierarchy is assigned to CRM application".

Can you please suggest, what should be changed in addition? Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Denis,

The minimum set types for a category are

COMM_PR_LGTEXT

COMM_PR_MAT

COMM_PR_SHTEXT

COMM_PR_UNIT

CRMM_PR_SALESA

CRMM_PR_SALESG

Also check the category is marked as "Product/Object Assigment Posible"

In the Assignment of hierarchies to applications please delete the entries in path "Assignment per product Type to applications" because you already assigned the hierarchies to CRM Application in path "Assign hierarchies to application".

Go to CRM Web UI and use BR SALESPRO -> Sales Operations -> Product Hierarchies you will find the same information as trx. COMM_HIERARCHY

After check the above please try to create a product should be work as well.

Regards,

Jorge G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot, Jorge!

Your answer helped me to resolve this issue. Currently I'm able to create products in the system.

Answers (0)