cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS ACCESS data store connectivity issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I try to create a data store for MS ACCESS database, I am able to view the data and the data store is also connecting with no issues. But when I try to run the job I am getting the following errors.

My *.mdb file is located in a remote location(shared path) though I have already created a System DSN, still I'm getting issues.

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <EDIData> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <TEST> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified>. Notify Customer Support.

Thanks,

Sairam Jalluru.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In this case, i have used two options by placing file on the local and as well as on the server. Both cases, i can view data of the tables which i have imported but when running the job, i am getting below error. Can someone please provide a solution to it.

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <MS Access Local> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified>. Notify Customer Support.

Thanks,

Abdulrasheed.

0 Kudos

can anyone help me on this? Thank You.

djuricz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm having the same connectivity issues when Access file is on a networked drive, has anyone been able to resolve this. System DNS is correctly set up on local machine and job server.

It only works when Access file is local on job server, that is a BODS limitation it seems.

This is not a feasible option in my case.

This is the error I get when I run the job:

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM |Data flow Load_Meter_Test_Data_DF

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <MeterRecords_Test> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)'

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM file resides.>. Notify Customer Support.

former_member187000
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check if you have required drivers installed to fetch the data from TEST. Try to run it form management console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

We tried to execute the job using Management Console, but we found the same error. Can you please let us know how to check if the driver is installed on my Windows Server?

former_member187000
Participant
0 Kudos

two ways to check
1. If you have designed installed in your server then, login to designer and open/Edit the Datastore and click apply. If it is not giving any errors then you have drivers installed in your server and required DSN.

2. Go go ODBC32.exe then try to configure a new DSN, it will show available drivers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

Tried both and what we concluded is the data store is connecting fine and also having no issues with the DSN also. But still we are facing the same errors.

former_member187000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hope you tried in the server machine.

Message says that the path you are using is not valid. Can you check the DSN/DataStore configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

I tried in the server machine and the error I'm getting is

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <TEST> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified>. Notify Customer Support.

former_member187000
Participant
0 Kudos

Seems that DSN is not available in your Server. Create the DSN in your server and re-configure the datastore and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't convert MDB to a CSV and use it as source. You could avoid ODBC issues.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We are trying to load the data to MS Access tables, but not using them as source.