cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Content SAP NW 7.0 to SAP NW7.3 Using new Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

We are in the process of upgrade of SAP NW 7.01 to SAP NW7.3.

However we have several doubts:

How transport content of all objects as(Iviews, Pages, Workset, Roles) used in the portal old.(701) to portal 7.3?

I am checking the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2011/07/25/sap-netweaver-portal-73-top-10-lessons...

In the point 5:

• Manual content transport: Due to restrictions in the export mechanism of SAP NetWeaver 7.0, you cannot simply export, transport and import content and related properties or configurations into a fresh new system (e.g. some KM services). Check the transport information in documentation for KM 7.0 and KM 7.3 for details on supported scenarios. SAP recommends running a thorough upgrade assessment with your consulting partner in order to make a profound decision.

My question is: This restrictions apply also for content that I want Migrate?

The client want a install new:

Point 5. New installation: During the ramp-up customers used this option to quickly build up a new system and gain the benefits of a clean fresh installation. This allows you to install the system with the leanest possible footprint. In addition you can get rid of old legacy content such as test applications or workarounds (that would be kept during an upgrade). This pure installation procedures are pretty straight forward. For details check the Installation Guides.

If this not is posible then, I should create newly this roles?

What is the best practice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

better is to upgrade the system to 7.3 and then transport the changes across the upgraded landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Two years ago installed  SAP NW 701. And for this the BP ESS /MSS 1.41

Note: compatible XSS Java components are SAP ESS 603, SAP MSS 600, PCUI_GP 603 and EHP4 compatible Portal Business Packages (BP) are ESS/MSS version 1.41

For this project, Two years ago, we copied the roles delivered by SAP to roles custemer for ESS&MSS in the portal using Portal Content.

Now we need install a new system portal with version 7.3 for upgrade our system portal.

Questions:

What is the process for transport the objects(Roles Java For ESS &MSS already created in the portal 701) to portal target 7.31?

My question because to the restrictions found in the blog In the point 5:

• Manual content transport: Due to restrictions in the export mechanism of SAP NetWeaver 7.0, you cannot simply export, transport and import content and related properties or configurations into a fresh new system (e.g. some KM services). Check the transport information indocumentation for KM 7.0 and KM 7.3 for details on supported scenarios. SAP recommends running a thorough upgrade assessment with your consulting partner in order to make a profound decision.

What is the best practice used for this type of upgrade ?

In the new portal installl The new re-compiled Java packages for NW 7.3 are called ESS 633, MSS 630, PCUI_GP 633.

Create a copy of the role delivered for this package or exist a way for copy this conten of SAP NW 701 to SAP NW 7.3?