cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Discount not considered while executing FLB2.

kim_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have lockbox for our client and few customers take cash discount based on the payment terms by paying on or before the cash discount due date, an amount after deducting discount from invoice amount.

But the system is not considering cash discount even when customers pay on or before cash discount due date. Instead it the invoice is getting applied and the amount of cash discount remains on the customer account as debit line item with posting key 06 (payment differences) in the payment document, which still shows as open to the extent of short payment (discount amount) made by the customer.

System should rather create a line item with posting key 40 debiting the discount expense GL Account. The entry posted after FLB2 is incorrect.

Where as for the same invoice when we do a manual incoming payment using F-28 the entry is correct.

I have checked the lockbox configuration and the settings made for cash discounts and tolerances in OBA3 & OBA4 which seems to be correct.

Do we need to configure reason codes in OBBE for applying cash discounts and in which line should we include the reason code in the BAI2 file?

I have checked for SAP Notes to deal with this issue but with no respite.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards

KIM Khan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KIM,

Basically system looks discount base amount field for calculating cash discount as per the payment terms of the invoice, make sure the discount base amount is not zero and has some value in the invoice for calculating cash discount.

Regards,

Mohammed

kim_khan
Participant

Hi Kalim,

I just checked the invoice I was trying to clear using lockbox and the Discount base amount field was 0.00. I changed the value to invoice amount and did FLB2 and the system posted to Cash discount account specified in OBXI.

Your reply was just right in time.

Thanks & Regards

KIM Khan

Answers (0)