cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not Connect to *dbf files from FoxPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

We are still experiencing issues with connecting to dbf files in Windows 7 or Crystal 14. (Windows 7 and Crystal 2008 has no problems, it workes fine). It seems that driver or connector interface is not registering or installing with the latest Crystal Reports version.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nikolay,

here's a solution from another user in this thread, but with an earlier version of cr...this is for cr9 but perhaps you apply the same solution copying the .dll from your working version to the version that is not working...

"I found a solution, although I don't know if it will break something else.  I dug into my CR9 directory and located the crdb_p2bxbse.dll.  I then renamed the CR2008 file and placed the CR9 version into the CR2008 directory.

Details in case anyone else runs into this issue:

1. Located crdb_p2bxbse.dll from CR9 directory of C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin.  Version 11.5.12.2126
  2. Renamed .dll file from CR2008 directory of C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 to .OLD.  Version 12.2.0.290.
  3. Copied version 11.5.12.2126 to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 to "replace" version 12.2.0.290."
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a bit of work done on the crdb_p2bxbse.dll in Service Packs later than 2 (e.g.; 12.2.0.x = SP 2). I'd recommend updating the install to SP 7 which is the latest update for CR 2008. See the Downloads Portal.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We have an issue with loading dbf on Crystal 14 not 2008. Crystal 2008 is working fine.

When we copied files from crystal 2008 then by default Crystal 14 starts up 2008.

We are still looking for an answer on linking dbf (foxpro) files to Crystal 14.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ooops. Sorry. Crystal 14 being CR 2011 or 2013? CR 2011 has a version of 14.0.x, CR 2013 has a version of 14.1.x.

I'd still go for the latest updates for what ever version you are using. For the latest SP for CR 2011 see:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main_public.htm

For CR 2013, let me know and unless you have access to SAP Service Market Place, I'll set you up with it.

- Ludek

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

The recommended method for connecting to FoxPro is with the FoxPro OLEDB driver.  You can download the driver from Microsoft.

If you are using FoxPro 9, make sure you have installed up to SP2 as well.

We are migrating a FoxPro database to SQL Server and OLEDB is the only method that will work properly.

Good luck,

Brian

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

Thanks for the tip

Nikolay, if you could confirm Brian's recommendation, that would be great.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of this helped. Sorry to say that.

What is the support product contact info. I am thinking to report this as bug, as we just purchased this product?

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

Can you try another test for me?  Open Excel and try to connect to your FoxPro database.  Can Excel connect?  You will need to use the OLEDB driver for this.

What version of FoxPro are you using?

Thanks,

Brian

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phone support can be obtained here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

If this does turn out to be a bug, the case will be refunded.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connecting the DBF to Excel works, but Crystal doesn't. We are trying the SP2 now and will let you know.

We are running Fox Pro 9.0

Thanks

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

In Excel and in Crystal, are you using OLEDB to connect?  Crystal does not use CRDB_P2BXBSE if you use OLEDB, Crystal uses a different driver.

If OLEDB is working in Excel, it should work in Crystal as well.  (That is the theory).

Please try creating a simple report with 2 tables in Crystal using OLEDB.  If your old reports are using CRDB_P2BXBSE then we can address that afterwards.  I would like to see if even a new report will connect and link tables.

Thanks,

Brian