Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get decision basis data in one call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BRFplus gurus,

Need an input on following scenario :

Creating a customize class (treated as API between CRM and BRFplus) to call all relevant data for an entity type in one call i.e.

We want an Z class to retrieve all relevant data for a entity type in one go. Secondly, How do I make sure that the call to the class is only once and the applications in the BRFplus are using only the buffered data from the call and not calling the Z class again and again.

Any relevant guidance would be much helpful.

Kind Regards,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I'd suggest a better approach would be to create a custom application exit class for your Rules Application that provides access to the decision basis using a custom expression type, similarly to what has been done in the delivered CRM expression to read a business partner.

Your API calls can then be managed within the custom expression type and adjusted there.

If you need to bring back all the data this can then be stored in tables within BRFplus but you might want to use your expression type to split the returned data into separate tables for each Decision Basis entity - to minimize the table operations required in BRFplus.

We have a similar need on our current project and this is our current plan.  We discussed this with the CRM Social Services guru Wolfgang Nobeling and he mentioned that this approach had already been considered as desirable by the development team - just didn't make it into the roadmap in time. So I'm confident that once we get this working it would be something we could suggest to be included in a future release.

Rgds,

Jocelyn