cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text rendered as an image

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a problem where certain text elements in a Crystal document layout are being rendered as an image.

This causes an issue when using Autodocs as the print service since it needs to intercept text with certain colours to use as its control commands.

The replacement of text with images seems to be quite random and varies from instance to instance when printing the same document several times.

Has anyone seen this before?

SAP version           9.0 PL10    

Windows version     Server 2012

SQL version              2008R2

Regards

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Some further information.

When previewing the layout using the Crystal viewer and then saving as a PDF from there the PDF is correct.

When choosing to direct print and printing to the PDFCreator tool it has the problems so it is not specifically related to Autodocs.

When clicking the PDF icon in the toolbar the PDF is correct.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post screen shot above error images.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is a shot fragment of the PDF enlarged to 1600%.

The first line has been rendered as an image and you can see the fuzzy edges while the second line is still in postscript and so looks good.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There may be some problem in printing color in crystal report. There is SAP note for color printing but not released in SAP Business one customer portal.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan

The Autodocs controls are in colour but the text above is in black (colour 0,0,0)

Can you please let me know the note number.  I have been searching but didn't come up with anything.

Regards

Rob

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP note: 1699464

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

I have looked at the note and it relates to 8.82 PL06 and didn't have a lot of detail.

I have raised the issue with SAP.

Thanks for your help

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Please share with us outcome of SAP support.

Regards,

Nagarajan