Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Gateway User for Stateless Application

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I would like to get your opinion and some information before discussion with SAP License officer.

I have own developed SAPUI5 under NW Java and it's stateless protocol application.

The application developer brought SAP NW Gateway user as needed license but this application don't use NW Gateway and only standard REST with Webservice. Also the license is more expensive compared with ESS/MSS type licenses including MSS User.

Do you have any idea what the required license is for own developed SAPUI5 application?

I have checked in SU01 - Lic. Data and couldn't find any SAP Netweaver Gateway, any note should be implemented into ECC system.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Achmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, Both SAPUI5 and NW Gateway are currently free, i.e Free with existing developer licenses.

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks a lot for your info.

This message related with end-user license.

What should the license will be assigned to them. There is SAP NW Gateway user license but is it applicable for REST stateless protocol application without SAP NW Gateway.

The license term is stated about REST stateless protocol but together with SAP NW Gateway.

Best Regards,

Achmad

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently I do not think there is any other product from SAP provisioning REST other than Gateway. So how do you plan to deliver REST without Gateway?

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

REST protocol is available in ECC and NW Java without NW Gateway.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but that is by using regular classes and ICF. It is just coding. So to use those classes and ICF node you do not require any new license.It is as good as building your own Z-Gateway.

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

That is why I asked about the license. What license need to be assigned for user (REST protocol user without NW Gateway) who accessing it?