cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkManager6.0 with SMP 2.3 deployment Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am trying to deploy Work Manager 6.0 to SMP 2.3 SP04.

Steps I made were following

These were based on "Work Manager Installation Guide 6.0".

1) Extract SAPWorkMgr600Deploymentx64.zip and rename folder name as WM600.

2) Create Self-Signed Certificate AgentryServer.pfx

3) Copy AgentryServer.pfx file into WM600 folder.

4) Execute configuration tool SAPWorkMgr600ConfigTool.exe to WM600 folder

5) Confirm connection to ERP by running connectTest.bat in WM600 folder. (OK)

6) Enter password for authentication certificate and service user by using encryptPW.bat tool as follows

encryptPW Agentry.ini "Server Administration" authenticationCertificateStorePassword <myPassword>
    encryptPW JavaBE.ini SERVICE_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>
    encryptPW JavaBE.ini PUSH_LOGON UPASSWORD <myPassword>

7) zip WM600 folder

😎 Deploy WM.zip file in to server via SCC.

After deploying i am getting RUNNING NEEDS RESTART (server states). If I restart, my server goes down. After that i restart the SMP service from services.msc still getting  same error. After that if i am trying to do Synch from ATE i am getting "No backends loaded. Please check server startup logs" error. For this i checked SAPCommon-122971.jar file in the agentry.ini [Java-1] section. But it is pointing to same. Dont know what to do.

Could you give me advise to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i am getting Exception like this. Dont know what to do? Can anyone tell me how to fix this Exception.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the Angel front end section to make sure that the certificate you are using is named correctly, password is correct, and if you don't have the password encrypted that the authenticationCertificateStorePasswordEncoded is set to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I work with Ajitesh and I am facing this issue as well. All the above parameters are correctly mentioned in the Agentry.ini file.

I generated my OpenSSL certificate as mentioned in the article SyBooks Online.

While startup of Agentry server I get the following error.

18:10:29 04/23/2014: Exception: 18:10:29 04/23/2014 : 159 (SSL Socket Error), SSL Socket Error (error:23076071:PKCS12 routines:PKCS12_parse:mac verify failure, ), ..\Socket\openSSLsockets.cpp#406:OpenSSLcontext::OpenSSLcontext

Any help on resolving this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Biplab

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Biplab,

The error you are getting means that the password entered for the ANGEL front end doesn't match the password for the .pfx filie.  If you changed the password in your Agentry.ini you also should verify if the PasswordEncoded is set properly to true or false.  In my example below I put my certificate .pfx file in and set the password also changing the PasswordEncoded to false (was true originally)

[ANGEL Front End]

trustedCertificateStore=

authenticationCertificateStore=myCertificate.pfx

authenticationCertificateStorePassword=myPassword

authenticationCertificateStorePasswordEncoded=false

Making sure this is all correct will resolve the startup error

18:10:29 04/23/2014: Exception: 18:10:29 04/23/2014 : 159 (SSL Socket Error), SSL Socket Error (error:23076071:PKCS12 routines:PKCS12_parse:mac verify failure, ), ..\Socket\openSSLsockets.cpp#406:OpenSSLcontext::OpenSSLcontext

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I was able to get my server started without any error. I followed another was of creating a self signed certificate and that helped. I am facing another issue after that. I am unable to connect to my server from the ATE. I get the following error:

I have renamed the .cer file generated using openssl to .sst and placed it in the ATE folder. Any idea on what needs to be done here?

Thanks,

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to double click the .cer file to install into the OS.

After clicking the certification click on the "Install Certificate..." button.

Click "Next" then select "Place all certificates in the following store" and select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and Select "Next".  On the next screen click "Finish".  If you get a pop-up selected "Ok"

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed your solution Steve, but that doesn't help. I still get the above mentioned error. I restarted the Agentry application and the ATE as well. But it is still the same.

Thanks,

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm the Agentry Version of the ATE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using ATE v6.1.0.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

please use 6.1.4.xxx (you will find it in SP04 SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That helped. We are able to run the ATE and connect to WM6.

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to run the ATE and WPF client from my Windows system to connect to the Agentry server running on SMP2.3. But while connecting to it using iPad I get "SSL Invalid Chain" error.

Do I need to do anything extra for making it work on iPad?

Thanks,

Biplab

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The certificate you installed on your windows machine also needs to be installed on your iPad.  I find it easiest to email the .cer file to myself and install from the email on my iPad.  We use Exchange in our office so I just ignore the warning when I attach the .cer on my laptop since the iPad mail client handles it just fine.

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the startup.log file to see if the Java Backend failed to load.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

In my startup.log file i am getting one Exception. i.e "

Exception: 13:08:28 04/23/2014 : 159 (SSL Socket Error), SSL Socket Error (error:23076071:PKCS12 routines:PKCS12_parse:mac verify failure, ), ..\Socket\openSSLsockets.cpp#406:OpenSSLcontext::OpenSSLcontext

"

Dont know where is the problem. Why i am getting this type of Exception. Please let me know what should i do next to rectify this Exception.

Thanks

Ajitesh