cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value not copying from header to lower level configuration.

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have an issue where the value maintained for characteristic at header level material is not copying at lower level material.

Header material- 12345 (order BOM)

Lower level material- 1234 (order BOM)

Components 123, 456, 789

When we maintain the value for Char 'abc' at header material 12345 as qty '2' it should copy to the lower level material 1234 as '2' but it is not happening. The qty copied at lower level material 1234 configuration is '0'

Thanks in advance,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained a procedure to infer this value from header to lower like

$ROOT.ABC = $SELF.ABC

try to create such procedure and attach it to configuration profile of lower level configurable materials, it will work.

check and come back

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

While trying to create procedure $ROOT.ABC = $SELF.ABC I am getting the syntax error.

E28024 Syntax error in simple action/procedure

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

What order bom setting are you using ? please review note 148778 and check if the combination is allowed. Combinations should be valid for the OD to work.

Thanks Amber

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

Configuration profile settings

Order BOM

Multilevel

Application PP01

Class 300

Regards,

Ali

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with $SELF.ABC = $PARENT.ABC , may be it will not give error.

Also write a selection condition on lower level BOM for the component you want to get selected by this characterstic value.

check and come back

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Thanks for the reply

Could you please let me know what syntax to be maintained for selection condition on lower level BOM.

Regards, Ali

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will same as you have mainatined in higer level BOM.

ex, in BOM you want to select component 1234 , write a dependency type selection condition with syntex $SELF.ABC = ' AA' , so when characterstic ABC will have value AA 1234 will be picked.

I hope with $SELF.ABC = $PARENT.ABC  ypu are not getting sysntex error? and value must be getting passed from higher level to lower level BOM correctly?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

What is it Knowledge-based order BOM  or Result-oriented order BOM. Please check the settings given in that note.

Also in variant configuration you can transfer the values from header to component via procedure. If you want to transfer the other way round than you need to use constraint. As for the above , is this same issue as the other where quantity is not getting transferred ? or are you looking to set a characteristic from root to header ?

Header material- 12345 (order BOM) -> Char abc

Lower level material- 1234 (order BOM) -> char abc

Now if you want to set char abc to 2 and then transfer the same value to char abc to low level material then you need to create a procedure with the following syntax.

$Self. abc = $root.abc

Assign this procedure to the configuration profile (CU42) of the low level material. Dependencies should be assigned to the object you need to set the values for. therefore please assign this to Lower level material. Now when you set vaue 2 to abc , it will be transferred to abc.

Regards

Amber

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

Thanks for your reply.

1. What is it Knowledge-based order BOM  or Result-oriented order BOM

The process for lower level material is Result Oriented.

2. Is this same issue as the other where quantity is not getting transferred ?

Yes

During my analysis I found that the reason why the requirement qty is not generated for the component in planned order is the value maintained at header level is not copying to the lower level.

I do tested with above synatx $Self. abc = $root.abc in Q and it is working.

I do have below query before asking user to make changes in P.

Header material- 12345 ( Sales order (SET)) incorrectly mentioned by above post.

Lower level material- 1234 (order BOM)

Components 123, 456, 789 belongs to lower level material 1234

Configuration:

Header level 12345

Sales Order (SET)

Multilevel

Application PP01

Class 300

Lowe level 1234

Order BOM

Result Oriented

Multilevel

Application PP01

Class 300

1. I believe it does not make any significance difference if I use the syntax suggested by you if the header level material is Sales Order (SET).

2 . What should be the dependency type Local or global I have used local while testing.

3. How we can use constraint to fulfill the requirement.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Ali

former_member595688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

One more query we have 3 Char for which the values needs to be copied from the header material to lower level material.

Do I require to create 3 procedure or we can code the syntax in one procedure. if yes what would be the syntax.

regards,

Ali

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali ,

Its good that your firest issue solved by creating procedure as specified in my previous post.

for what ever characterstic ypu want to infere value you need to use same process, you just create one procedure and write all characterstic

ex

$SELF.ABC = $ROOT.ABC,

$SELF.JKL = $ROOT.JKL,

$SELF.XYZ = $ROOT.XYZ.

also you can use $PARENT instead of $ROOT if you are infering value from imediate level , example from 1st level BOM to 2nd level, if ypou are infering value from 1st level to 3rd or 4th level etc use $ROOT.

It will work, please check and revert back.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali ,

It does matter what profile type you use. per the note I gave you the combination needs to be active. As for global dependency or local. Local dependencies are assigned to the object so If the OD is only valid for that object then you can use local otherwise you will need to use global. Variant configuration all depends on the requirement you have.

As for constraint, they are not very easy to use. Please check the documentation in help.sap.com for the details. That can explain the best

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please use constraint to copy.

Please create a constraint and assign in the header level.

then if you run configuration definately it will copy values to the lower levels.

br

Mani

Answers (0)