cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection variables - upload greyed out in Analyzer

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how to upload selection variables via .txt when opening a query/workbook in the BEx Analyzer but the option is greyed out in every single query/workbook.

So my question is: under which conditions can I use that option (I suppose NOT if the variable is supposed to be a single value, right?) and is there any chance that option is just plain deactivated in our system? If yes, where can I change that?

Thanks in advance for every helpful advice I can get.

Anja Gäbler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above screen shot varies according to the different variables in your queries. You may randomly check "Double Square box" of various variables in the queries. Then you will observe the options varies..

In your screen shot, there is no "Upload Selections" for that variable. That doesn't mean it will not be there in all variables in the system.

0 Kudos

I'm aware of the variations that can occur between the variables. Problem is: they just don't.

I've gone through many, many workbooks and clicked on different variable selections where there SHOULD be the possibility to up- or download a selection via .txt but so far I've only found a way to save a selection internally ("Save Selection").

Like this:

Up- and download is always deactivated.

And what exactly do you mean with "Double Square Box"?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check some of your variables(which are already checked) are representing "Multiple Single Values" ? Because you should get Up/Down here at least..

0 Kudos

Ok, I think I've found the solution myself.

I've found out there's a special button ("Variablen personalieren" in German, don't know exactly what it's in English ("personalized variables?") ). I have to click that one in order to get into another menu where I can click on yet another button "Change Selection".

Now it's working with the following characteristics ( show: "single values" and Hierarchy: "plain list")

So thanks I guess for offering your help 🙂 Sometimes it pays off to just click some buttons and see what happens.

Edited for the sake of completeness: Found out that this "workaround" is nesseccary when trying to create or load a list for characteristics sorted in a hierarchy. For every other characteric sorted in a "flat list" you can up- and download directly via the "Choose from List" button. Just saying, in case someone wonders like I did.

Message was edited by: Anja Gäbler

Answers (0)