Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an idea about the opportunity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a vast experience in Sales and Marketing over 20 years consisting of Logistics field from 2007. May age is now around 41. need to know if its advisable to take up SAP SD module to peruse my future career through it.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have the experience of 20 years in sales and marketing, then you can well choose SAP SD module. SD module is much depend on sales and marketing.

You should learn SAP SD module.

But as per your age, I think it will be little tough to learn SAP SD module with continue your current job.

but you can try if you have the confidence level.

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Thanks for your advice. I am confident about the learning. but only question how it can help me in future growth if I take up a job in SAP. Will this Sales background will be a added advantage in future and can give a stable career?

0 Kudos

SAP SD is a very running module.. There are lots of opportunity for SAP SD module.

Maximum of organization need a SD consultant who is running SAP and whose company belongs to Sales and marketing..

And your sales background will be added as your domain experience not in your relevant SAP experience. And yes, it will give very much advantage for your career..

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manojit,

Many organisations would need experienced SD professionals. Your experience would be valuable but at the same time, you need to get atleast 6 months practical experience in your organisation before plunging into job market. If you get this opportunity of working on SD module, sky is the limit for you. Wish you all teh best.

Nanda Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dev & Nanda for giving the courage.

As a beginner I may need lot more advice on the way of this travel.

Regards,

Manojit

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Manojit,

Welcome to the World of SAP. As per your age is concern, the beautiful thing with SAP is there is no age restriction. People can start at any age. The only thing which is required is "Dedication". You have good Sales & Marketing exp that is added advantage for you which will help you in SAP SD projects. You can easily understand your client's requirements and Implement it while working on real time.

Wish you all the very best.

Regards,

Tiwari

0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Tiwari for your comment and wishes.

Regards,

Manojit

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir do go through this link below once. It will give much insight i am sure.

Regards, Aparajit ~

0 Kudos

Hi Aparajit for sharing the link. Its carry lots of valuable information and will be helpful to take right decision in this travel.

Regards

Manojit