cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM custom BPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have created custom BPT, AOT in my ERP system and copied from visibility process production.

Although completed all the settings in ERP still my code or log is not triggered while creating a new production order and releasing it.

Has any one faced such issue.

Thanks

sandeep kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Why did you create a custom BPT when one already exists? If you want to create your own custom visibility process using existing SAP EM Application Integration components (like a work / production order) then you keep the standard BPT and create your own AOT and Event Types.

Production Order integration with SAP EM is triggered in BAdI implementation /SAPTRX/PP_WOUPDATE method BEFORE_UPDATE. In there you will see that the call to the SAP EM AI is hard coded to use the BPT 'ESC_WRKORD'. I.e. it's best to keep to the standard BPT otherwise you will have to created your own implementation of this BAdI and deactivate SAP's version. This is not the recommended approach. Recommended: Keep SAP standard BPT, create your own AOT.

All the best.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. It works for me now. But i found that we can have multiple
BADI implemented to activate a BPT. so in this case standard and mine own BPT both works.

BTW, i could not find reference about these BADIs in your book.

Thanks

sandeep kumar

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

You can have multiple implementations of a BAdI, that is standard SAP functionality but this does not make sense nor is the recommended approach in EM. Call the SAP EM AI twice is twice as expensive, from a performance point of view than it needs to be. You only need the 1 BAdI call activated and it's best to keep the standard one unless you need to manipulate the values being passed in to the SAP EM AI (Application Interface)

Regarding the BAdIs in the book you can refer to page 77 and you should find them there

Thanks

Kevin

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

as Kevin already mentionden own BPT makes only sense if you have special requirements e.g additional tables, objects that are not already connected to EM.

Otherwise you should use the standard BPT.

If you have access to Service Marketplace there is also an overview about the BADIs and also a guide how to create own BPTs.

service.sap.com/scm

->SAP SCM in Detail

-> Event Management

-> Technical Information

-> Connect SAP objects to SAP EM

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin,

I understood the point and it really make sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen,

The point is clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

We are facing one more issue on deletion of the DNs ( Outbound ). As we use EWM system as well and trigger deletion from EWM to ERP.

Some times ( 3-4 times in a week ) the DN event from ERP is never sent to SAP EM and hence we need to use a custom program to inactivate the EH to remove this line from the portal dashbaord.

This wrong information on EH ( Event not sent ) causes some confusion to our planners.

Can you put some insight on this.

Thanks

sandeep kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also forgot to mention.

Is there a way to see the event trigger in the application system than EM system as anyway all the events are triggered only from the application system.

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

The only track to event message in the Application System is through the Application Log (transaction /SAPTRX/ASAPLOG) but usually we deactivate that in production to reduce the overhead.

Table /SAPTRX/AOTREF has the link between the AOT ID and the EH GUID but has no link to events that were generated.

You can use report /SAPTRX/EH_LIST to manually deactivate EH's that are no longer needed. You just need the authorization to do so.

You can also check out the archiving program that deactivates relevant EH's in bulk: /SAPTRX/ARCHIVE_EH_DEACTIVATE

Thanks

Kevin

Answers (0)