cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel module query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing Travel expense only where employee will fill travel expenses in ESS that will go for an approval in MSS. My query is- " Can we implement travel expense without implementing travel request. What I have seen is while creating travel expense report employee need to select trip number in portal. How would it happen without implementing travel request.

Urgent help appreciated. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. We only have Travel Expense implemented. The Trip number is generated when the trip is created in travel expense. We also use workflow and managers approve through MSS/UWL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kim,

Appreciated your reply. Could you kindly tell me how trip expense was initiated by employee in ESS. What I have seen is, when employee goes to create expense report he needs to select trip against which he/she may raise expense request.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram

In Travel Mgt we have two ways to get a Trip Number, as it serves a base in the entire Travel Mgt module.

Travel Request: where Employee books his Itinerary details with Trip destinations & Advances with activity types & saves/sends the record. Here system will create a Trip request number.

Travel Expenses: Where Employee Incur's all his expenses for reimbursements to the Trip number which he created during Travel Request.

If Employee doesn't want to create a Travel Request & wants to Incur the Expenses directly into the system. Then he can create directly from PR05 in R/3 or Create Travel Expense Report in ESS.

Selection criteria to create a new Travel Expenses:

1) Trip Schema (Most Important)

2) Click on Create tab

3) Provide Itinerary details

4) Advances can also be given from Travel Expenses

5) Enter Receipts

6) save as draft or send for approval

Now system will create a Trip number & send it for approval. It will be processed based on the std workflows

WS 20000040 - Trip Approval

WS 20000050 - Request Approval

You can create your custom workflow's by copying the std one's based on your requirements.

Hope this Info will be useful

Cheers

Pradyp

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can totally create "stand alone" travel expenses in ESS which are not linked to any travel request.

You create a new expense without selecting any request. If you dont have any request created you wont have to select anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Pradyp and Mathieu.

Would appreciate if you support for another thread I have raised regarding reimbursement amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram

If your issue has been resolved then kindly close this thread & also let me know another thread details so that I can help you on that.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyp,

I am closing thsi thread. Can you help with another thread "Issue with reimbursement calculation

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u post the link of the thread here. so that we can directly access.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The link is as below.

thx