cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent is not found in Managed system configuaration step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing problem in managed system configuration step.In step 4 (assign diagnostic agent) I am not able to find SMD agent entry.While installing SMD I have used option direct connection to solman instead of connecting through SLD.SMD is running  at OS level(AIX). Please help me out to resolve this.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Please use below command to register agent again to Solution Manager and check.

- smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://solman.full.qual.host.name" port:"81XX" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"XXXXXXXX"

(ensure you stop agent, then execute the command and then start agent again)

For details, please check below link :

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Please paste SMD agent logs if the issue still exists.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for ur valuable input..I could resolve this issue by registering SMD through P4 port.

Command used at OS (AIX)

--------------------------------------

smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<FQDN>" port:"50004" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"<PWD>"

Since SLDDSUSER is frequently getting locked I created and updated the user id sld_ds_<sid> in SLD(System Preparation phase) and SLD Data Supplier in Configtool.After this I connected it to solman in tab "SLD Agent Candidate" then got it assigned in Agent assignment tab.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha/Vikram,

Thanks for your reply. I have executed above command as per the note 1907909.But again I am able to find the agent when I am executing step4 of managed system configuration (assign diag agant). I checked the error log in agent admin and I could find below error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access <WBEMHttpRequestSender.java:398:newCommunicationException()>

For this I found that "slddsuser" is getting locked time and again.I am not aware as why this user id is getting locked repetitively.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incorrect client ID. The stub is not connected yet.
Nested exception
is:
com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot make connection.
<P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:726:getException()>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unexpected exception.
Nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: InterruptedException while
waiting fot the message.
<P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:739:getException()>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnostics agent is not connected to solution manager server,
connection status: DISCONNECTED
<SMDJNDILookupAgentSideImplementation.java:120:_lookup()>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object not found in lookup of SMD_DataEnrichment_Registrator.
<ServerContextImpl.java:652:lookup()>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No
connection with the server. <ClientContext.java:2835:close()>

Please Suggest

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This error "CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access" refers to connection to SLD is not working from SMDAgent;

You should not connect with generic user id SLDDSUSER but you can have id like SLD_DS_SID, this is the best practise as well easy to trouble shoot.

As per SAP KBA, 1913837 - How to connect Diagnostics Agent to SLD by using smdsetup script  You can connect directy to SLD host but do use user id like SLD_DS_SID.

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madasamy,

While installing SMD i had opted for direct connection of SMD to solman (instead of registering it to SLD). I opted for this option as SAP recommends this.Again on multiple thread i saw ppl suggesting this approach (though i am not clear about advantages of this approach).Having  said this i think KBA 1913837 is not relevant in my case.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok , hope you resolved this issue (if so you can mark as ...), otherwise check for the causes for frequent SLDDSUSER locked...

1650035 - SLDDSUSER locked due to incorrect logon to SLD

1828470 - SLDDSUSER and SLDAPIUser account lock

Better to have dedicated  SLD users (SLD_DS_SID, SLD_CL_SID) for Managed System, this way troubleshooting will be easier, anyime..

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I have gone through various notes/thread for this issue.As i said earlier that in my case only SLDDSUSER user id is getting locked where as user id SLDAPIUSER is working fine
I checked entry for slddsuser in Visual Administrator -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier.it is maintained righly there.It's entry in (System preparation->SLD configuration) is maitained
correctly .Can u plz help me to find where should i check for this user id entry now.In note 1650035 it is said that to identify ("which request exactly was sent to the SLD ("POST /sld/cimom" or "POST /sld/ds").I checked in SMD log files(AIX os level) for this entry but could not find it.please suggest.

Thanks
Aditya Roushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya

Using the User administration in the JAVA Application server where SLD resides make sure that SLDDSUSER is unlocked (better yet - press the unlock button either way) and more importantly change the user to technical user.

Then re-try the whole process again

Regards,

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check note:

1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

1907909 - How to connect Diagnostics Agent to Solution Manager system directly

by using smdsetup script

1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes

When the agent is newly installed and connected to solman system first time, the server name should be 'No Server Name'. This doesn't mean the SMD agent connect to the solution manager system not completed.

Please do the followings:

t-code SOLMAN_SETUP -> 'Managed System Configuration' -> <SID of the managed system> in this case the managed system is solution manager system itself-> step 4 'Assign Diagnostics Agent' -> Assign agent

Thanks

Vikram