cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Case-i need an offical SAP replay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one, I am Glad to Join SAP community.

i want to ask about Project Preparation phase, especially about Business Case.

is Business Case available in the new SAP methodology?

was it available in the first versions of SAP methodology?

is it a must to start SAP project?

can I have a copy of a presentation or screen shot for the new methodology showing business case?

is the business case template Standard for all SAP projects around the world?

I need an official replay from SAP representatives.

Thanks in Advance.

Husain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husain,

i I am not an official representative of SAP on this topic, but I can help you with some inputs.

the methodology is accessible at service.sap.com/ASAP

you can find plenty of materials by Jan Musil in the landing page of ASAP Methodology for Implementation.

regarding Business case. It is a PMP concept that a Business case justifies the Cost vs Benefits analysis or a market requirement to create a project.

typically techno, legal, environmental, competitor, social, innovation relayed triggers could lead to the business case.

so without the business case you cannot justify who need to sponsor the project. If the impact or benefit is to the finance department then the CFO could be the sponsor, if the impact is to the overall vision objectives of a project then it could be the CEO etc. to just give an idea.

A project sponsor will need this business case to approve the project thereafter which a Contract or SOW will be made before creating project charter objectives and deifie the success criteria for the project.

Thus the Next document after the Business case will be a SOW/Contract leading to a Project charter that will authorize a project manager to start the project work.

so now business case is PMP terminology and ASAP is 100% compliant to PMP methodology and hence it will be great to have a business case. In SAP world the business case could also be called as a value case and hence found under the area of "value management"

hope this helps you for a start, please let know if the answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjith Raghunathan

Thank you very much for your helpful answer

unfortunately  I don't have an ID so access the new ASAP methodology 8

can you please provide a screen shot for the project preparation phase where it shows the business case and scope statement and project charter

i was reviewing your post:

i just want a screenshot like that for the project initiation elements in the new methodology 8

in our company we are using solution manager 7.2 and i just want to see what the difference there in the road-map as well

i will be waiting for your replay

regards,

Husain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Husain,

screenshot will not be helpful for you. Your basis team will have an ID with which you can access the link. You may also use transaction code /nrmmain after logging into solution manager and then select the roadmap. You will see the exact same roadmap when you do this and also be able to access all the templates from there.

HOpe this helps further, please do keep me posted....or let me know any other questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ranjith

well the screen shoot will be very helpful to me for asap methodology 8

for example i want to compare it from this one below in order to learn the difference as a start.

so if you can post the screen shoot will be very helpful for me, in fact, this is what i am looking for right now.

just the same screenshot for new methodology, will be my goal for now, hope you have it.

best regards,

Husain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husain,

I sincerely think that SCN is much more than just exchanging screenshots. So I will not prefer to do more of this. As I clearly suggested, if you have access to Solution Manager you can run transaction /nrmmain (RMMAIN) to get to the latest roadmap.

I have anyways attached the screenshot for now.

If you wanted to compare how much of a difference is there between the old and the new ASAP roadmap, infact this screenshot is not enough to judge that. The workstreams concept has been modified considerably and there are major changes. Please refer to Jan's blogs.

Hope this is Helpful for you for now and that you will be able to find more information with the suggestions provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjith Raghunathan

Thank you very much

thats what i am looking for

i apprciate if you give me Jan's blogs link.

i just want to review it as i am IT auditor.

thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husain,

You are welcome, please find the content published by Jan Musil.

http://scn.sap.com/people/jan.musil/content

You can especially look at the Frequently asked questions.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-39924

All the best with your work!

Regards,

Ranjith Raghunathan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes indeed there is a business case template in ASAP. Look at the node 1.3 Project Charter. It is attached in that section.

You can access ASAP methodology in your copy of Solution Manager (transaction RMMAIN) or on SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/asap).

Best Regards, Jan