cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initiate conference call from SIP hardphone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I missed something for sure but installation example does not cover conference call in detail. The problem is that after adding a number for a conference call IVR when the user calls it, he hears ,,we have technical problem with your call''. Can someone please explain me how to configure it properly?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Podolak,

There are several ways to do a conference call in BCM.  Here is the simplest way:

First, have the CSR set a conference pin number from their personal settings:

Next, have the CSR select the Conference Call Profile from the list of available profiles:

Now callers can call a CSR directly and be asked to enter a PIN.  This is the PIN that the CSR set in their personal settings.

As callers reach the conference the CSR will see a list of callers waiting to be put into the call.  The callers waiting will be shown in Red as seen here:

The CSR can then click on the RED phone to connect them to the call.  It will turn GREEN:

They can also click again on the green phone to turn it back RED and remove them from the conference call.

CSR's can also do Ad-Hoc Conference calls and three way transfers using the Conference tick box on the CDT.  CSR's select the conference tickbox and join the callers together.

Once joined they can even connect the external callers together, removing themselves from the call.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks indeed, Marcus. But... But can You create a conference call using SIP phone device? 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Podolak,

No, this is not possible.  A SIP hardphone is meant to serve as alternative if CDT can be used for some reason.

It's features and functionally are limited to functioning as an agent phone only.

The following features are the only features available from a SIP hardphone:

You cannot use a SIP Hardphone or phone in MTD mode to perform the full range of functionally available in SAP Contact Center.

To take advantage of all the options SAP Contact Center has to offer you need to use the CDT option.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus. Just let me ask one more question. Caller that wants to join a conference call started with the first method hears: You're joining an active conference call. Please enter conference ID and press a pound key. After I enter the ID that I set in personal CDT settings the participant gets invalid ID message. I tried to set PIN code in both: CDT and system configurator. PIN code constists of four or more digits only. What can be the cause of such behovior? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Podolak,

Silly question but have you verified that DTMF is working for you system?

This error message would seem to be a problem with DTMF.

Thanks,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Your reply. I'm running on test env not connected to any switching devices. All other IVRs are working properly.

Answers (0)