Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools & Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

I have the following questions:

1. Are 'Tools' mainly dealt by Technical Consultants (ABAP ers) and not by Functional Consultants?

2. Is it true that configuration is generally done in a day or two over the entire project phase?

3. While there is no limit on how much we can learn, how much basic knowledge should a functional consultant have on DMS, data import and export, WWI Server Installation etc.?

Appreciate a response from the experts.

thanks

Pardha Chennupati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pardha,

I agree with Christoph:

1.  Are 'Tools' mainly dealt by Technical Consultants (ABAP ers) and not by Functional Consultants?

Definitely both if there are technical consultants in the project. That may not always be the case, it depends on the project. If you are functional, you ought to know the tools and how to use them.

2. Is it true that configuration is generally done in a day or two over the entire project phase?

Definitely not. Again it depends on the project, of course, but 2 days is simply too short.

3. While there is no limit on how much we can learn, how much basic knowledge should a functional consultant have on DMS, data import and export, WWI Server Installation etc.?

That's a tough one. All of them are helpful if you happen to stumble across one of them in the course of a project. DMS and WWI server is more for a technical consultant, I'd wager, while data migration is definitely for a functional guy, but it sure doesn't hurt the functional consultant if he knows how to set up a WWI server.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pardha

please be more specific. Do you refer to EHS classic? In EHS classic "Tools" are defined here: Tools (EHS-BD-TLS) - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Configuration: if you refer to EHS classic you have a number of configuration steps to cover, 

In most case the "set upp" phase of EHS classic will be done as "duo"; that means Technical Consultants andyFunctional Consultants will work together to prepare the set up

Regarding:

My answer would: never have seen any EHS classic porject (starting from scratch) there two days are enough. One month may be (because of a lot of reasons)

Regarding:

No easy answer is possible. Any EHS project will only be successfull if the two roles work topgether. The functional guy need not to know the technical steps on detail levelM; the general overview might be enough

May be check as well:

C.B.