cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpdatewithSubDeletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone please explain how UpdatewithSubDeletion works in B1iF?

I have created a BP2BP scenario and would like the Contacts to be deleted and then updated with the new contacts.

I have two SAP B1 databases.

I have put a Call B1 Object atom in my scenario.

When I delete a contact from a BP Master, I would like it to be deleted from my other database also.

However my payload shows the following error.

Payload Role="C" id="atom1" system="0010000103" status="success" b1login="Technical
User
" method="updateWithSubDeletion" objectid="2" payload="atom2"
keyname
="CardCode" keyvalue="100544" DIresult="failure"
DImsg
="Exception : DI Error: (-223) Deleting rows
not supported for object BP Control Account
" />

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am using SAP B1 Version 9 Patch 9 HF1.

Thank you

Regards

Ashvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bastian_schaefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin,

please also check the following discussion:

The procedure is applicable for UpdateWithSubDeletion (used for B1 master data) as well:

1. Read the master data - you want to update later - using a B1 Object call (#Synchronous Retrieval, #ExportImportMode).
    With ExportImportMode, you exactly get the fields and segments, you need to use later for UpdateWithSubDeletion call.
  2. Update the object using B1 Object Call (#updateDocWithSubDeletion) and - very important - in exactly the same order and with exactly the same fields and segments retrieved by step 1.

Method UpdateWithSubDeletion is meant to update B1 master data e.g. Business Partners including their addresses and contact persons. If the Sender deletes e.g. a contact person or an address of an business partner, this contact person or address gets deleted on the receiver system, too.

If you want to delete a Business Partner master data directly, please use the the B1 Object call with method #Synchronous Delete.

An integration scenario for adding, updating (with subdeletion) and deleting a B1 Business Partner could look like in following screenshot (depending on the B1 event task and the SQL call against the receiver system):

Best regards

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bastian

Finally got it working!!

Regards

Ashvin

Answers (0)