cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects CMC issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed the SAP Business Objects BI platform 4.1 sp2 installtion completed succesfully.

After installtion I ma trying to login in to CMC http://localhost:8080/BOE/CMC ,i am giving administrator user id and password .

But I ma unbale to lgin in to CMC,I ma getting below message while lgin into CMC

Account information not recognized: Could not reach CMS Hostname:6400'. The CMS on machine Hostname was stopped due to a critical error. (FWM 20031)

Enter your user information, and click "Log On". If you are unsure of your account information, contact your system administrator.
I have chekced in the CCM(central manamenet console )  APACHE tomact and SIA running fine.
Please suggest how to resolve the issue ,where can we check the logs and how can we check CMC is up or not .
Please help me I am very new to BO adminsitration .
Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check if you are able to go in the "Manage Server" option on the CCM where SIA is mounted.

The details would be as follows :

- System - BOE Server

- User     - Administrator

- Password - Password for Administrator

- Authentication - Enterprise

Also, check if you see the tab for "Update Objects" enabled in the CCM.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your response ,If go in to the manage server , I ma getting below error

Unable to log on:Could not connect to server

Hostname (Boserver):6400 .Please check that the server name is correct,and that the server is running.

I have chekd in CCM SIA is running status .

Theres is no option available in CCM called "update Objects"

Please siuggest and guide me how to reslove the issue .

Advance Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that the System details that you are providing are not correct.

Please try only with the BOE Server Name and dont put any ports associated with it.

Also, please can you try to telnet with that port and reply if it is working fine.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushil,

Thanks for your prompt response ,I have tried with only BOE server name only but i mageeting in erro message port 6400

Unable to log on:Could not connect to server

Hostname (Boserver):6400 .Please check that the server name is correct,and that the server is running.

If do the telnet for port 6400 below is the log

C:\Users\ads>telnet HOSTNAME 6400

Connecting To HOSTNAME...Could not open connection to the host, on port 640

0: Connect failed

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like the ports 6400 / 6410 / 8080 are not opened against the firewall which is causing the CCM to stop you from getting in.

Please get in touch with your firewall team and get the above mentioned ports opened up on all the three BOE/Tomcat/Apache servers.

Also, please can you share the below screenshot ::

CCM --> SIA --> Properties --> Configuration

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your prompt responses.

I have cheked through telenet 8080 and 6410 ports are opened and its opening while running the telnet .

Windows firewall status is off .

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean that the port 6400 is opened up, but still you are unable to load the CMC login page ?

Also, please can you advise on the Database you are using.

If you are using IBM DB2, please follow the below commands ::

Run --> db2cmd --> db2 connect to <DB Name Alias> user <DB2 User>

When password prompt comes up, provide the <DB2 User Password> and see if you can go through.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your response .

I have chked through telnet 6410 and 8080 ports are opened ,I f i check 6400 port I ma getting below meesge ,it meand 6400 port is not opened .

C:\Users\ads>telnet HOSTNAME 6400

Connecting To HOSTNAME...Could not open connection to the host, on port 640

I have rasied the same issue with my IT team they are looking in to this issue as of now ,apart from port openi ng is their any thing w e need to check to reslove the issue .

I am uisng OS :windows 2012 and  Database :SQL server 2012.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this point the only issue I can think of is the port 6400 is not open and restricting the calls to CMC.

Once you have that port opened up, try to login to the Manage Servers tab and advise. You can also go and check if the database is up and running and the details for the DB are specified correctly in the SIA properties. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your replys.

Actually i have conatcted to my net work team ,they are saying port 6400 is not listening (port is not listening on the server. So therefore you cannot connect.)

if we run netstat -an 6400 is not showing.

Please suggest

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you happen to execute the script mentioned in the SAP note above in my response.

Please share details.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is surely a port issue that needs to be fixed by your network team.

Also, I expect that recreating the SIA node can help. But, I won't prefer that to be done until you get the port fixed.

Ask your network team to check that port availability and also can you check the web.xml and server.xml files on Tomcat server and check if the port is enabled from the Tomcat end.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have not run the script ,due to my db is sql server 2012 and in that multiple datbase are there .

Thats why i have not run the script

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushil,

what w eneed to check in web.xml and server.xml files ,can you please expalin me the location of files and what value needs to be there in that file.

I ma very new to bo.

Please guide me it will be very help full for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please paste the files here.

The path for the files is as below ::

Logon to Tomcat Server --> Local Disk C: --> Program Files --> Business Objects --> Tomcat --> webapps --> CmcApp --> WEB-INF --> Paste the file "web.xml" here.

Logon to Tomcat Server --> Local Disk C: --> Program Files --> Business Objects --> Tomcat --> conf --> Paste the files "web.xml" and "server.xml" here.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil ,

Thanks for your help ,

1) I dont have CmcApp folder for first one .(Logon to Tomcat Server --> Local Disk C: --> Program Files --> Business Objects --> Tomcat --> webapps --> CmcApp --> WEB-INF --> Paste the file "web.xml" here.)

2) Logon to Tomcat Server --> Local Disk C: --> Program Files --> Business Objects --> Tomcat --> conf --> Paste the files "web.xml" and "server.xml" here.

Please find the attached  files for web and server xml files

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is urgent then I would suggest to open an OSS message with SAP, They are quick to respond on BO issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The files look fine to me. The file that does not exist at the first location states that the System is still not online and there are no files created for every single CMS server.

Please can you try to open the below link to logon to CMC ::

http://<Tomcat Server FQDN>:8080/CmcApp/logon.faces

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HTTP Status 404 - /CmcApp/logon.faces

type Status report

message /CmcApp/logon.faces

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.32

above error i ma getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon to Tomcat Server --> Local Disk C: --> Program Files --> Business Objects --> Tomcat --> webapps --> CmcApp --> WEB-INF --> Paste the file "web.xml" here.

after webapps i ma having the below  folders

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking forward to hearing from u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

After opening the port 6400 I am bale to login into CMC http://localhost:8080/BOE/CMC

But after login into CMC i ma getting belwo error ,

An error occurred:class com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoObject:org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader@5d89ced4 incompatible with interface com.businessobjects.sdk.plugin.desktop.clientaction.IClientActionCore:org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader@5d89ced4
Can you please suggest how to fix this issue
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its great that you are able to login in CMC.

Please check the below link, it looks like an OS mismatch or an error with the Tomcat Service.

Error Access SAP BO 4.0 SP02 Patch 15 - CMC/BI | SCN

Also, check if you are able to login in the Manage Servers tab in CCM.

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to fix the issue with your CMC ?

Regards,

Sushil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar issue and checked the event log. Which was pointing towards the Database.  Please check with your DBA if they are having any connectivity issues.

Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a question, I am getting the following error while logging in:

Account information failed to be recognized : Could not connect to the host CMS” and also getting the blow error in event viewer logs ” SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: All connections to CMS audit database ""bo4au201"" are lost.  CMS can no longer serve as Auditor. Reason: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel”.

Can anyone please tell me what is the reason this is happening

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you check whether the required ports are open.

Also check SAP note mentioned in the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3435859

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have checked through telnet port is not opened I am getting below messgae

C:\Users\sasn>telnet Hostname 6400(CMC port)

Connecting To cl-sapbisa-03...Could not open connection to the host, on port 640

I have cheked as per the thered error_cms6400 log file

Log :

33007 SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user XXX$'.

35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user XXXX'.

Please suggest how to trouble shoot the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Any one ,Please suggest me how to proceed further .

Regards

Srikanth Nekkalapu

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The error message below is mostly related to user authorization/ paths.

33007 SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user XXX$'.

Can you check SAP note Note 1294762 - SCHEMA4SAP.VBS

Look into details for schema repair section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

Thanks for you response ,Please confirm port 6400 needs to be open or not ?

Now error has been chnaged in error_cms6400 log file

"

33007 SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'DUMMYTRUSTEDUSER'.

35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'DUMMYTRUSTEDUSER'.SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system database "Audit". Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'DUMMYTRUSTEDUSER'. CDatabase::Open failure. )."

We have not created DUMMYTRUSTEDUSER we are not able to fine how its picking up the user ,its not os user and as well sql server login user .

One more log"

SvcMgr_2116_2014_04_23_06_42_42_116_trace  log

"

FILE_TYPE:DAAA96DE-B0FB-4c6e-AF7B-A445F5BF9BE2

ENCODING:UTF-8

RECORD_SEPARATOR:30

COLUMN_SEPARATOR:124

ESC_CHARACTER:27

COLUMNS:Location|Guid|Time|Tzone|Trace|Log|Importance|Severity|Exception|DeviceName|ProcessID|ThreadID|ThreadName|ScopeTag|MajorTick|MinorTick|MajorDepth|MinorDepth|RootName|RootID|CallerName|CallerID|CalleeName|CalleeID|ActionID|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransaction|DSRConnection|DSRCounter|User|ArchitectComponent|DeveloperComponent|Administrator|Unit|CSNComponent|Text

SEVERITY_MAP: |None| |Success|W|Warning|E|Error|A|Assertion

HEADER_END

d:\a41sr64\src\platform.services.cms.cpp\dbutilities\dbutils_lib\subsysmgrhelper.h:190:-: TraceLog message 1

|befe0545-d36f-e384-9a42-a4957b705525|2014 04 23 09:42:42:116|+0300|Error| |>>|E| |SvcMgr| 2116|3752|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (d:\a41sr64\src\platform.services.cms.cpp\dbutilities\dbutils_lib\subsysmgrhelper.h:190). (false : DBUtils::Subsystem Init: Failed to init subsystem manager. Reason: CDatabase::Open failure.).

.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197:-: TraceLog message 2

|13741e43-b0c4-ec94-c90c-9bd7ff640806|2014 04 23 09:51:56:927|+0300|Error| |>>|E| |SvcMgr| 2116|2036|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197). (m_pInterceptor == NULL : no message).

.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197:-: TraceLog message 3

|918cc591-6300-eb84-9b0e-50e47f091671|2014 04 23 09:52:43:940|+0300|Error| |>>|E| |SvcMgr| 2116|2036|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197). (m_pInterceptor == NULL : no message).

.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197:-: TraceLog message 4

|7f75b53c-d21e-80b4-9903-d54dabfc3b12|2014 04 23 09:57:21:701|+0300|Error| |>>|E| |SvcMgr| 2116|2036|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197). (m_pInterceptor == NULL : no message).

.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197:-: TraceLog message 5

|178d800a-c40d-0e44-eb0d-6b6c93e3a8b1|2014 04 23 11:46:13:783|+0300|Error| |>>|E| |SvcMgr| 2116|2036|| ||||||||||||||||||||||assert failure: (.\TenantInterceptor.cpp:197). (m_pInterceptor == NULL : no message).

Please go through the logs and suggest

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just ensure firewall is made off and follow the note.

No need to open ports.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, check why you can't logon with this login name.