cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Cost Center and Activity Type in Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is is possible and ok to change the cost center and the activity type during operation confirmation?

We want the actual cost to be calculated based on a activity type in a cost center which is different from the one in the Work Center.

Regards,

Ramesh-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sujeet_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh,

yes this is possible. if you want to cross check. Just do the test case in the QTY client and confirm the same, its working or not

Thanks

sujeet_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

yes you can change the activity and cost center.

1. At the time of confirmation if your work center have multiple activity type so easily you can change it. you can change the activity type at operation level also before confirmation.

2. Regarding Cost center at time of confirmation i think we can't but just before confirmation we can change its. In order goto to the settlement profile and changer your cost center what ever you want related to Maintenance.

So these two above way to fulfilled your requirements.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujeet Kumar,

Settlement Cost center & Operation Work Center Cost centers are different.

By changing Settlement Cost center, he can't achieve the requirement.

sujeet_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I know the both cost center are different and having the own significant but if in the settlement rule, they have to enter the same cost center on which cost want to occur and settle.

So this is possible.

One more thing....

At time of creating the PM order, they have to check the equipment or functional location cost center bcz system pick cost center in settlement rule from there only. if we change manually it will works as per requirement and activity cost occurs on same.

I hope this will gives you the clear view now.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

He wants to change the Work Center Cost center (Sender Cost Center) from where price is getting picked up.

Settlement cost center (Receiver Cost Center) is the cost center where cost is getting booked.

By changing the cost center in settlement rule, how sender cost center will be picked up??

Have you tried that?? If so, please post some screen shot to understand better.

sujeet_kumar7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

If we maintain the activity cost against the cost center in KP26 and same activity multiple activity maintain in the same work center, it will pick the same activity cost and booked on the settlement rule cost center. i think requirement is this only.

Hope now it will clear to you and this scenario you want to check. Just do one think do it in QTY and confirm the same it's works or not.

Thanks

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

We have changed the cost centre for the confirmation - but I can't remember the exact details.

From memory we had to use a FICO user-exit/enhancement somewhere near the substitution logic.

Get your ABAP team to investigate.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the activity type in Confirmation if you have assigned that activity type as well in work center.

System will pick the cost center from the work center only. So, you have no provision to mention the cost center directly in IW41.

Why do you want to book the actual cost to different cost center other than work center cost center??