cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS Data Insight Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to IS. In IS when i am trying to create a new Connection for Data Profiling it is showing error as Unexpected case empty string result.

But when i tried to create for data view it is successfully connecting.but the tables are not viewing in IS dataInsight --> Add-->tables.

Please guide me what i have to do know.

Thanks in Advance
PrasannaKumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PrasannaKumar and welcome to the Information Steward community!

Could you send a screen shot of the connection (including connection settings) that you created within the CMC?  Did you test the connection from Create Connection dialog?

Thank you.

Corrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corrie Brague

Thanks for your response. Ya i created the connection from CMC --> IS --> Manage --> New --> Connection.

Here is my connection screen shot. Please Guide me.

Thanks in advance

Prasanna Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna.

I would appear that the connection is invalid, if "Test Connection" is failing.

Have you went into SQL Server Management Studio to verify ther Server name, Database name and sa account/password?

Corrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corrie Brague

Thanks for your response.Ya all the details are correct and fine as i tested those for data review also and it is connected for that but when trying for data profiling it is showing that error.

Thanks in advance

PrasannaKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again.

Okay.  So, you setup the same connection for Data Review?  Looking closer, it appears that you are establishing a connection to your Information Steward Reposiotry (e.g. IS_Repo)?  Can you explain what data/tables on in the IS_Repo that you are interested in profiling?

Thanks.

Corrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are having same issue.

Thank you

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth Kolan

No the issue was not resolved and we got problem with SAP BODS also so my toplevel manager has reinstalled every thing.

Thanks and regards

Prasannakumar