cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI element Tooltip visibility in view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I started creating a WD application wherein for the view, tool tip for property,value and binding is not visible for the UI elements.Please let me know the setting required to make it visible.

I'm attaching the screenshot of the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the screen shot it looks like you have opened Web Dynpro in browser ( SAP GUI for HTML). You cannot see the properties in the layout and in the context also when opened in browser. Unfortunately there is no support for that yet.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,I opened it from the browser.I can see the context but not the properties.Is there any wayout to display properties too.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned earlier, you cannot see the properties of UI elements and Context Node/Attributes when opened in browser. There is no support for that. But for context attributes/node, you can see/change the properties by rightclick on attribute and click on change/display. For UI elements there is no such option.

Regards,

Kiran

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

Please open SE80 t-code directly from GUI using SAP Logon, instead of opening it in browser mode ( gui html ).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

The issue is resolved now,after I installed the SAP GUI.With the browser version,few options are not visible.

Thanks,

Vanaja.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, thats good to hear

Former Member
0 Kudos

it looks like you are not running this inside a SAP Logon, but via some other tool. That probably creates your problem. How do you run it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jozef,

I am using SE80 to create the WD application.

regards,

Vanaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I created the application using SE80.If u can see the screenshot attached, the value for property,value and binding all of them are empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE80 is the transaction. I was talking about SAP logon, which you did not use (you opened it in browser). So that is the reason

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

Please click on ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER and check if you can see its properties or not. Just to make sure that properties details wont appear for all.

Edit:

Yes, I agree with Jozef, you are not using direct SE80 - object navigator to create your WD applicaiton. You might be using it other tool.. might be with html gui, etc

Regards,

Rama

Message was edited by: Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER doesnot contain any values for tooltip.Is it the problem with SAP installation.