Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of SU22 for "Addons"

frankluzat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have developed an addon module on our SAP dev system which is distributed to various customers.

According to note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1539556 Point 5 I have maintained authorization proposals for all of our t-codes in SU22.

With the download function I have created a text file which I then provided to the customers to upload it into their system landscape.

When trying to upload the file in "test mode" either in our own system or in the customers' systems the upload report (RSU22UPLD) outputs

"File does not contain any records that match selection".

In the debugger it becomes obvious that this is because the upload file only contains entries for USOBX_C and USOBT_C but none for

TSTC_SM or USOB_SM.

So I checked the contents of these two tables on our dev system with regard to our t-codes and there are indeed no entries.

As the code in form routine transfer_content of the upload report states, it expects some kind of "header info" (TSTC oder USOB_SM) entries before the subsequent entries of USOBX, USOBX_C and so on.

WHEN gc_tab_usobx OR gc_tab_usobx_c OR

gc_tab_usobt OR gc_tab_usobt_c.

*    we need the object key check only for RFC-functions here. All other

*    object types are allready checked (header in TSTC/USOB_SM,USOBHASH)

lv_type pv_line+30(2).

IF lv_type = type_rf.

lv_objkey_flag = gc_true.

ELSE.

CLEAR lv_objkey_flag.

ENDIF.

So, does anyone have an idea what's going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

We experienced exactly the same: The USOB_SM entries are missing in the download file as well as the modifier date stamp, so we decided to desert it.

- If there is no need nor intention for customers to maintain your entries further (so no need for SU25 to transfer it either), then deliver them as SU24 workbench transport entries. The customer can import them via the normal transport route or you send them with the application. That works best.

Otherwise you must manipulate the file to add the expected USOB_SM entries for other object types (RF and HT).

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We experienced exactly the same: The USOB_SM entries are missing in the download file as well as the modifier date stamp, so we decided to desert it.

- If there is no need nor intention for customers to maintain your entries further (so no need for SU25 to transfer it either), then deliver them as SU24 workbench transport entries. The customer can import them via the normal transport route or you send them with the application. That works best.

Otherwise you must manipulate the file to add the expected USOB_SM entries for other object types (RF and HT).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Just found this note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1566306

I think that could be the solution.

I'll try to import the note correction into our system tomorrow and make another download.

I'll keep you posted...

0 Kudos

Note that there are two related notes in that set of corrections and you will need to correct the data maintained before the correction as well.

I went the (safer) SU24 and transport route. If someone notices something missing, then they must report it to me and I fix the source for everyone else.

Another reason is that if an object does not exist in the target system, then you cannot upload with transport recording. But you cannot upload into a non-development system either... so you must transport anyway at some stage.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

After applying the above mentioned notes and all dependent notes the download from SU22/SU24 generates a valid file which can then be imported into the customers' systems.

The missing entries in table TSTC_SM on our system were also generated. This is described in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing the solution. This solved my problem with the download / upload as well!

Cheers,

Julius