Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend Generated Idoc - HRCC1DNINORD01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement add two custom fields to the Standard IDOC HRCC1DNINORD01. For this i am using IDOC Extension but system through Error like Extension is not possible for Generated IDOCs. So my self find that we cannot Enhance the Generated IDOCs,instead of that Enhance the BAPI by using BDBG Transaction. But i don't understand this BDBG Transaction corresponding Object Type, Method. Please guide me to full fill my requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SR Krishna.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRK,

Please find the below Steps to Extend the Generated IDOC.

Please refer to Note 913901 .

To extend the generated IDOC please follow the below steps

1. Copy the BAPI of the method I want to extend from the IDOC

2. Use transaction BDBG to create a new ALE interface. Then a new Idoctype, new Inbound and Outbound Function Modules and new Message will be created for my new BAPI.

In this way you can create the extension

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick responce,

Yes you are correct, but i am new to this concept, so please guide me how exactly we use BDBG transaction.

Regards,

SR Krishna.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, BDBG is a transaction to be created the new custom idoc types and message types all those stuff.

BDBG transaction will create the automatically custom idoc type and message type.

As per your requirement, You would create the custom idoc type and accordingly you have configure in the Partner profile.

Because one of the scenario, my case CRESTA01 needs the extension but it is not possible to create the extension for that. So, We have checked with BDBG but, finally we have checked and seen that internally, It has to be creating custom idoc type and message.

Manually, you have to create the custom idoc type with contains to your structure.

I hope you understand the scenario.

Thanks,

Chandra