Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a suggestion as a beginner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having 4.5 years of experience working as a Control-M scheduler. We have many SAP jobs in our environment and I am always in touch with SAP Basis team. I have worked on SAP R/3 but basic level only with jobs. Now I want to change my profile and like to move totally into SAP. I am more interested in SAP BI but I don't have any exposure or exp. working in database.

Could anyone please suggest me the best way to start and get into SAP. I saw some course but those are very expensive.

Please help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

As the saying goes - "Better late than never".

If your interested in SAP and planning to move, I say you take a leap of fate and buckle up your seat as your SAP journey is going to slightly troublesome but don't lose faith with little bit of courage and hand work I know you will get into SAP.

Well, from your post above I can understand where you stand in SAP. (You have made a good career choice Atul. I say you stand on this decision and face all your challenges with courage and one fine day your break into SAP world).

SAP BI is a great choice. The market is very promising for quality BI consultants. I suggest you consider learning SAP BO as well. (Good to always plan a step ahead).

I don't have BI link to forward but I suggest you start today by looking in SAP BI space on SCN and all the BI blogs for you get a feel of how it is in SAP BI.

Good Luck,

Regards,

Krishna.       

10 REPLIES 10

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You did not mention your qualification.

Its good thing that you have functional knowledge,closely working and gaining SAP knowledge.As you said your work nature involves with Basis Team, note down what are your interesting modules for you ? Basis or BI....your call, your interest....right.

There is so much information available in SCN SAP or Google about SAP freshers.Please go through that and come to conclusion. As there is very very few opportunities for freshers in SAP( Even though your functional experience considered, still you are a fresher to SAP ).

So all the very best, work hard, keep trying.Do not leave your present job until you land in SAP Job.You will get the career break and success.

Good luck.

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

As the saying goes - "Better late than never".

If your interested in SAP and planning to move, I say you take a leap of fate and buckle up your seat as your SAP journey is going to slightly troublesome but don't lose faith with little bit of courage and hand work I know you will get into SAP.

Well, from your post above I can understand where you stand in SAP. (You have made a good career choice Atul. I say you stand on this decision and face all your challenges with courage and one fine day your break into SAP world).

SAP BI is a great choice. The market is very promising for quality BI consultants. I suggest you consider learning SAP BO as well. (Good to always plan a step ahead).

I don't have BI link to forward but I suggest you start today by looking in SAP BI space on SCN and all the BI blogs for you get a feel of how it is in SAP BI.

Good Luck,

Regards,

Krishna.       

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna. It really helped me gaining the confidence. I have one question for you. Since I am fresher to SAP world and So could you tell which one has good future, SAP BI/BW or SAP MM. And If I choose SAP BI/BW plus SAP HANA then what would be the advantage.

0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

As Basis I would always suggest basis and also now with HANA will help out lot.

If you want to go for BI with BO,, that a good area as well.

Well if  you have functional knowledge MM is also a good field.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

0 Kudos

Well Atul,

If I were in your shoes, the answer is very clear to me (career options are very promising MM & BI). But it's all about what you want.

And coming to what is the advantage of BI/BO + HANA.

Well HANA is a very promising technology in SAP and this area is one of the few areas around which SAP is revolving. (HANA is like the center of SAP).

Hope this clears your dilemma. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepanshu. I will definitely give a thought to Basis as well.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna. Well I will start with basic SAP then BI and then will work on HANA. BI was always of my interest.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the correct answer. but I am not sure why it didn't closed.