cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 4011 calling ASA 9 stored procedure to a web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked around for an ASA forum and wasn't able to find anything, so I'm hoping that maybe someone will pick it up here.

With the recent Heartbleed OpenSSL issue, our partners are changing their security certificates on the web boxes. In an old version of our software, we used ASA 9.0.2 to connect to these web services. As part of the stored procedure call that we make in PB, we pass in the URL, the Certificate and the body of the POST.

With the new certificate, we are getting handshake errors: The secure connection to the remote host failed: The TLS handshake failed, error code -6983.

I know in the past we've had issues with ASA 9 and certain certificates. Does anyone have any specific information about what ASA 9 does and does not support so that I can pass along to our partners? This issue is preventing our clients from being able to do their billing.

I called technical support and they pretty much laughed when I said ASA 9.

We've worked with the vendor to get a base-64 encoded certificate that contains the entire chain, and they say the have installed the intermediate bundle chain file.

Please help!

Thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I posted the question up on the SQL Anywhere board.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found these here on SCN, but they deal with current versions of SQLAnywhere (12.x and 16.x)

http://sqlanywhere-forum.sap.com/questions/21254/update-6-does-the-heartbleed-bug-affect-sql-anywher...

If ASA9 uses OpenSSL, you should see the files libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.

-Paul Horan-