cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB 12.5 Classic and EWS API

Former Member
0 Kudos

New to web services in PB so not sure if I am doing this right or completely wrong...

Started by creating a Web Service Proxy, Got services.wsdl file from Microsoft. (note using office365 developer 30 day free environment)

Setup for soap by  importing the pbx.

All looked ok.  I am able to see the exchangeservicebinding but if I try to use it I get

Error... "Path property must be set before calling send.." not sure how to resolve this.

Next I tried to use the Exchange Web Services API (not sure if I am doing it right)

created a new .net assembly Target and added the ews api dll's.

I was able to see all the objects/functions with the dll's.

When I try to use them I get error ... for example

I tried to create an object

Microsoft.Exchange.Webservices.data.Exchange lexc

I get Error "Undefined error Microsoft"..

1. Am I going in the right direction.

2. How do you resolve the "Path" error.

3. How do I reference the api objects?

4. Any sample code out there/or a good tutorial  (have viewed Bruce Armstrong's consuming video... which did help)

Thanks for any help (and don't laugh to much at how bad I am doing)

Dave V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with Exchange Web Services .NET - Exchange Web Services .NET - EWS API

You have to reference only Independentsoft.Exchange.dll file. It works for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zizel...  how did you actually connect/use the api.  Did you need to create an .net assembly or use pb.net and setup as a com object... my issue is actually how to access the api.  Seems like every time I try something I hit a wall.  If you have any code samples/steps of how you connected to it I would be grateful if you can post it.

Thanks'

Dave V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David;

Did you install the MS-Windows SDK as it contains the necessary WSDL components PB needs?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did install sdk and .net 4 framework.  Regarding all necessary WSDL . not sure since I don't know what all the components are. Any ideas on referencing the API?