cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revaluation of depreciation ammounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the final customizations to calculate inflation ammounts of the fixed assets in Chile.

As SAP Best Pratice documentation suggest we create 3 revaluation areas: 02 for APC values, 06 for revaluation amounts and 42 for reporting purposes (02 + 06).

Testing the result  we realized that the APC ammount was revaluated but the depreciation not.

Steps done:

1. We created an asset with acquisition date 01.01.2014;
  2. We post an acquisition of 12,000 CLP on 01.01.2014;
  3. Run the inflation program by J1AI transaction in January, 2014. But how the asset was incorporated this month the system doesn't post revaluation;.
  4. Run depreciation in January, 2014. Depreciaciona was correctely posted;
  5. Run J1AI again , now for the month of February , the system provides revaluation based on the purchase price, but does not consider revaluation of depreciation;
  6. Run depreciation. The postings are effected without revaluation for depreciation;
  7. Run the J1AI now for March and still no projected inflation adjustment for depreciation. Only revaluation for APC ammount.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the same problem. How did you solve this?

thanks

0 Kudos

Have you checked in AW01N - Posted values tab to see if after you have ran J1AI and posted the inflation if the planned depreciation amount for the next months have changed? Before you run AFAB you already should see the changes in the planned depreciation amounts.

Or you could try AFAR and run the recalculation for depreciation only for area 06 to see if you would have adjustments.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Also look in SPRO - Define Depreciation Area to see if the option Revaluation ord.dep is configured to accept values...usually it is configured to "No Values Allowed".

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

The depreciation doesn't need to recalculate. The system just post an ammount of inflacion (20) for the month as follows. But in my case doesn't work and I don't know why.

Ex.: