cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crdb_adoplus.dll not found, no app.config

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running into an issue with crdb_adoplus.dll not being found, just like this topic:

I've created the dotnet1 folder and copied the crdb_adoplus.dll to that folder.  That gives me an error that says "Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information."  I believe this should be fixed by adding the "useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy" option into the app.config file, which is referenced in so many of the posts.  My problem is that I don't have an app.config file.  I tried creating a blank app.config file and adding the option block to it, but that had no effect.  So I'd say that my project isn't even looking for an app.config file at all.  So how do I get past this error?

I'm using C++ in Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 7, with CR for VS 13.0.9 installed.

Thank you,

Kevin

Message was edited by: Kevin Casarez Added link to other topic.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a guide to creating an app.config file here: Working with Configuration Files (app.config) in C++/CLI - CodeProject

That got me going in the right direction; I added the legacy runtime section, and everything started working after that.

Answers (0)