Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM - Portal iView

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

our client would like to publish some specific reports from EPM as iViews in the Enterprise Portal.

By checking out the document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70f8092b-4a02-2f10-fdb2-96275aa11..., we could see that it is possible to access the EPM Add-In from Portal, however it will launch the application entry point, whereas our client wants to have specific iViews with specific EPM reports in it.

Please, has someone faced such a requirement before?

Is it possible to publish EPM content directly in an Portal iView??

All kind of help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Fabio

Moved to SAP Planning and Consolidation - 09/May Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio

This is not possible by default.

BPC NW doesn't expose direct URL links to the XLS files. (I assume you are using BPC NW and not BPC MS based on the link you posted which refers to BPC NW).

In order to do this you would need to create a custom ABAP program to retrieve the files from Netweaver and provide direct URL's to them so you can post them in iView.

Stefan

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Stefan, for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I am in the same situation; have you been able to determine a means to being able to access direct EPM reports from the portal?

Regards,

Ikhide A

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ikhide,

not yet.

I am now investigating what the "Publish to Portal" entry in the EPM menu, in the Excel, is meant for. 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

We are also investigating that option as well, but more so from the "Publish to BI Launchpad" perspective. We're hoping that once we get that, we can grab the CUID from the BI Launchpad and then use that from the SAP Enterprise Portal.

Please do let me know how the "Publish to Portal" option investigation goes. I fear that it is more so referring to the BPC Web Client instead of the SAP Enterprise Portal.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Ikhide Akhigbe

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ikhide,

our key-users have decided to take a different approach for this solution.

Therefore I will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your involvement, and good luck in your endeavor.

Regards,

Fabio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently trying to accomplish exactly the same.

Either opening EPM-Workbooks via BOE (CUID in Portal) or directly from NW.

Did anyone get a solution to the issue?

best regards

Dominik

ABner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some information on this...the product to use is called EPM Connections Manager (sometimes called EPM Connector in sap documentation).

It allows broadcasts from EPM to the BOE Portal.  However EPM Connections Manager must be installed on the BOE server and ONLY works if your BOE server runs under Windows.

Ours is on Linux so not a solution...

For what its worth.  Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominik,

Aaron is correct, that's the solution we went with as well. Our BOE runs on Windows so it wasn't an issue. I do want to add two caveats:

1.) EPM Connection Manager is relatively new and very buggy.

2.) It doesn't perform SSO but there are workarounds in that regard.

Regards,

Ikhide A