Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print header details through function module in pdf files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My requirement is to create a DMS report and that report should get converted into a pdf. I have to inout "Order No" in the selection screen and when executing it will create a folder and inside that folder the pdf file will get stored. Now i have a requirement to insert the header details like input Order No, Date and time in the achieved pdf file.. How can i achieve this.

Looking for your valuable feedback.

Regards,

Sam.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Now i am getting the pdf file with data. Only the header insertion part is pending. Kindly help.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not quite clear to me, what you really need. In what form does the data need to be inserted, who needs to read and to use it and how? Three ideas come come to mind, but what would be the best really depends on who needs to use the information... If you are using some kind of Form that returns the output in OTF format and then convert it to pdf, then one could:

1) create an element for the necessary data in the corresponding form and set the output color for that element to white (or whatever the background color is);

2) encode the information in a barcode (like PDF417) and output it on the form;

3) try to use OTF commands to insert Postscript comments holding the header information; those comments will be converted to pdf as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit in: actually, is the DMS itself not specific in which form the "archive header" needs to be saved?

cheers,

Janis

Message was edited by: Jānis B

0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

My requirement is to pick the correct pdf document from DMS server based on the production order input and print "Date, Time and the input Order No" to the header of the pdf. To achieve this is there any function module.

Hope you are clear now.

Rgds,

Sam.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Hmm... maybe. The way I understand it now, you need to:

1) read pdfs from DMS;

2) add (meta)data like "print Date, Time and the input Order No" to these pdfs;

3) store the pdfs on disk;

And the 2) is the challenge..? I'm afraid, I'm not qualified to answer this autoritatively... I don't know anything in SAP Standard that does it. Maybe, if you have Adobe Document Services available (pdf based forms are already used to print form SAP), it would be possible to achieve it via CL_FP_PDF_OBJECT class or some other ADS related functionality. If you do have ADS in the system landscape, try asking in SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe space perhaps?

cheers,

Janis

0 Kudos

Janis,

You are right. My requirement is to fetch from DMS and there you get the pdf files in which you have retrieve the file and print Order No, Date and time to it.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I' am still stuck on this issue. Can anyone suggest please.

Rgds,

Sam.