cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to catch the event of component controller in view controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Can anyone let me know " how to catch the event of component controller in view controller?" . Generally if the component controller event can be raised from view controller using

CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE( )->RAISE_EVENT_BY_ID( " Component controller event name" ).

Similary, i want to do vice versa.... I.e i need to catch component controller event in my view controller....Please let me know how to achieve this..Awaiting for expert's solution.

The scenario is : I have "RESET VALUES" event in my component controller process_event. I want to catch that event in my view controller.

Thanks

Katrice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

You can achieve your requirement as below

• Implement the event handler for RESET_VALUES of component controller in your view
  • On process event, you can raise the event RESET_VALUES, which will be caught in your view and there you can reset the values of view

Please refer my answer in the below link

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rama for your prompt reply. Really appreciate it.

Thanks

KH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

1. Define a event handler method in your view and it should be of type RESET_VALUES. For that use F4 button in the event column of your method definition and select event reset-values.
  2. In process_event method raise the event reset_values.
  3. So, automatically the event handler method which you have defined in the view gets called.

Regards,

Ravikiran.K