cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Bg Jobs getting cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I have dissabled the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 to login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1 after doing that i see the standard Bg Jobs which were schedulled earlier with user sap* getting cancelled. Dear Experts please suggust me the alternative for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Hakeem Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hakeem,

You have deactivated SAP* user setting parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1, so if your standard jobs where programmed with SAP* user then they are going to cancel.

You must schedule the standard jobs with another user different to SAP* that has the appropiate authorization to run the jobs.

Best regards,

Martina

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have scheduled those jobs using SAP* whenever it is active (Parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 allows you to login with it's default password even though there is no Id existence).

Now you disabled your automatic sap* logins, so system will check for the user existence and that's the reason it is failing your background jobs.

You should not use sap* for any purpose other than for emergency logins in SAP until unless you have user master record.

Solutions to your problem:

1) Copy all these jobs into other Id (I would)

2) Create user master for sap* and keep it active (Another option)

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nick.

Thanks for your reply.

I have scheduled all those jobs with other user (basis user), and deleted all those jobs with sap*. Now jab are running fine, i have one doubt- do we need to schedule sap standard jobs in client 000 or its o.k if we schedule with any client. Please suggest.

Thanks

Mohd.

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mohd,

The standard jobs are usually scheduled in the working client.

Please close the thread if your problem is resolved by giving correct/helpful answers.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Thanks!!!!

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

As said by other techie, you should schedule all of the standard jobs in your business/current working client.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it all the jobs getting cancelled only only some.. Please suggest..

You can change the userid while scheduling.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Thanks for your reply. @Deepanshu - Only standard jobs scheduled earlier with sap* getting cancelled.

Thanks

Mohd.

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mohd,

Please close the thread if your problem is resolved by giving correct/helpful answers.

Thanks!!!!

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Change the user of the background job to another existing user.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Reschedule it also look in to if any passwords were changed earlier,