Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled Message no. GLT2201

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

By the above Error it is evident like profit center is missing. But the Actual problem was when Profit center is not made mandatory in the Material Master the stock has been posted to the Material.

After that Profit center is equals to the Plant made it mandatory. When they are doing the T-code: MB1A they are getting the above stated error message.

Any help any this is really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Raj....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are issuing the material for Production Order,Pl. check the Order
  header material also have profit center,Also check the material to be consumed have profit center into costing 1 view of the material master,

check into the table or mm17 MARC-PRCTR for the profit center missing,

With Regards,

Devendra

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Devendra,

I am doing MB1A with MTYPE: 201. I am getting the above mentioned error...

Regards,

Rohit ra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, Going by error message it seems you should have activated NEW GL Accounting wherein profit center has been made mandatory for all transactions. You can check the same in path FA->GL->Business transactions->Document splitting-> Define Document Splitting Characteristics for General Ledger Accounting. Check profit center has been made mandatory. In this case system will try to derive the profit center from the transactions through master data. IF system cannot derive the profit center then system will show this error message. Now either you have to update the Profit center in master master or modify the settings in spro by removing  mandatory tick from profit center. But it is advisable to update the profit center rather than disturbing the configuration. Hope this helps you to solve the issue. Regards Karthikeyan G

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit Bhai

That means your Cost center does not have a PC assigned it (If consumption line item does not have PC).. Check in KS02

for stock line item, maintain the PC in material master

Just ensure that PC is there is in CC and Mat Master (KS02 and MM02)

Br, Ajay M

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay Bhai,

In KS02 PC is Maintained i checked it.

For stock line Item to maintain the PC In Material Master i am getting the error message like:

You want to change the profit center but material stock still exists

Message no. MM335.

Best regards,

Rohit ...

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

That means you are new releases of SAP (ECC 6.0 EHP4 or so)

This is a check built in by SAP... If stock exists, it does not allow to change the PC...

And for Stock to be zero, you need to charge off stock to a CC temporarily.. And here you are stuck because of Doc Splitting error.....

Thats a Catch 22 situation.!!

May be changing the doc type in MM config temporarily will help, so that PC from Consumption line item is derived in the Stock line item

I cant think of any other way here

br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case why don't you copy this material code and create a new material code with same properties and update the profit center in new material code and do Material to material transfer so that system will derive the profit center from the new material.

Once stock is made zero for old material, you can update the profit center and do a re transfer from new material to old material and lock the new material from further being used. But ensure price is same for both the material so that revaluation or price difference entry will not get posted

Reg

Karthikeyan G

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

What Karthik said can be tried.. But I am afraid this error would come even in the Material to Material transfer

But no harm in giving it a try

Br. Ajay M

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay Bhai,

Sorry for the delay Reply...

I had a word with my MM consultant but its not worth Trying is the response got from him.

we still chalking out a solution for this.. Once i got the solution definitely i keep you posted...

Anyway Ajay Bhai thanks for your Attention.

BR.

Rohit raj...

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. We will give a Try....

BR

Rohit Raj...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

I still feel you can give a try because document splitting has "inheritance" feature meaning with account assignment inheritance feature, system will pass on the account assignment (here profit center) derived from new material  to  lines that do not have any assignments (i.e. to old material). MM consultant may not be aware of this as it is FI feature.

Regards

Karthikeyan G

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option is to reverse the GRN Entry if it made in current month,

Also check for the another option as make stock zero by making zero count in MI10 Physical inventory documents,Again reload the stock through MI10,

Another option is to make temporary 502 movement type through mb1c,so that stock will be zero,then again re-enter the stock through 501,

Above options makes the accounting entry nullfy ,hence having no effect,

Regards,

Devendra

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have huge list of materials where system is not allowing to update the PC in the material Master. Hence we decided to update it through the tables.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MM17 Transaction  will be helpful to update material master in mass,

Devendra

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

MB1A means you are consuming the stock

Accounting entry would be

Consumption Dr

Stock Cr

If the PC is missing in Stock Line item, it means PC is missing in Mat Master

If the PC is missing in Consumption line item, it means PC is missing in the CO object you entered in MB1A (Cost Center or Int Order or Prod order, etc)

Br. Ajay M

former_member193801
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. But could you explain me in detail please. As you rightly said the profit center is not maintained in the Mat Master of the Stock.

I didn't get the consumption line item PC, which you talking about.

Requesting you to please explain me in detail.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit raj...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you did not get PC on the consumption line item, then first check what CO object(Cost Center or Internal Order or Prod order etc..) you are entering in MB1A, and then in that CO object master data, check whether the profit center is maintained or not.

Regards,

Kavita